The major tasks:
- Gathering statistics,
- Server on an XO.
More sugar-server-templates templates
Depending on whether mace configuration will be used in Sugar Server based deployments or not, implement configurations for all needed services:
- Content filter. Options are: Dans Guardian (MinD fork?), SquidCache, OpenDNS
- Monitoring support. If connectivity is good, then, no question, there are a bunch of ready-to-use solutions like Munin, Nagious, etc. The problematic use case is having servers that are mostly or entirely offline. A solution might be collecting data on school servers and passing them to the mothership somehow via sneakernet. Options: run http://collectd.org/ daemons on school servers and provide a useful uploading method.
- Provide shell patches to use Client API.
Handle reports and statistics from XOs around a school server, and securely send such to the mothership. This feature might be useful from a pedagogical point of view, e.g., what activity is being used most of all.
Avoid compromised school servers
Switch to HTTPS for sugar-server RESTfull API to check its certificate on sugar-client side to make sure that client is not interacting with a fake server.
- Support OLPC XS school servers.
- as much as possible a plug&play solution for SSK based school servers
- more system tests of SSK infra using sugaroid to cover various deployment workflows
- using sugaroid bots, stress test prosody to compare with ejabberd;
- in-code documentation for SSK components.
- Interaction with other motherships
- Initial sugar-mothership implementation, regarding only the current sugar-server functionality
Need to collect more experience from XS deployments before any implementation...