Jump to navigation Jump to search
Owner: Marco Pesenti Gritti
- Simon Schampijer
- Morgan Collett
- Encourage Fedora and Ubuntu communities to produce Sugar LiveCD. Advertise them, get schools to use them and to provide feedback.
- LiveUSB is also important, as it means someone can make changes;
- making sure that multiple Live media Sugars can talk to each other so that people can experience the collaboration features is very important.
- Sugar chooses a font based on the screen size and dpi (graphics/style.py); we need to make this work better for non-xo devices.
- Sugar should adapt itself to the screen resolutions of other non-xo laptops, such as Classmate 2's 1024x600 resolution.
- bundlebuilder should be improved to use the correct system paths when doing a system installation, so that activities can be more easily packaged into rpm or deb. For example, translations should go in /usr/share/locale.
- all major linux distributions should have high quality Sugar packages, so for their users is just a matter of installing sugar and have it running. Contacts and progress tracker here.
We should make sure that activities works well on our various livecd. Here is a list of important ones, provided by Bill Kerr.
- X2o: A puzzle solving and critical thinking game similar to the Incredible Machine; make crazy contraptions to get the O back on top of the X
- vu.lux.olpc.Pacmanpacman: A Pacman clone
- gcompris: educational games
- guido van robot: Educational programming language, IDE and lessons; Stable with 18 lessons included
- simcity: Construct and maintain your own city
- Terminal – linux command line (explore some linux commands)
- Story Builder - Graphical story constructor with a variety of characters and backgrounds and simple word-processing capabilities (MaMaMedia)
- Speak – An animated face that speaks whatever you type
- Scratch - multimedia visual programming language
- Slider puzzle- Slider Puzzle to improve on puzzle solving skills (MaMaMedia)
- Pippy – Python Programming language/environment (run samples by clicking on grey horizontal line)
- Maze - Maze game
- Jump - A Marble-Jumping Solitaire Game. Works in Sugar; Created by a Team at Carnegie Mellon University
- Jigsaw Puzzle - Classic picture-constructing game (MaMaMedia)
- DrGeo II - Euclidean Geometry
- Etoys - Learning / visual programming / authoring environment; includes Kedama which can simulate hundreds or thousands of objects
- FlipSticks - org.worldwideworkshop.olpc.FlipSticks Using keyframes, program a stick figure to twist, turn, tumble and dance (MaMaMedia)
- Cartoon Builder - Animate a cartoon character by creating a sequence of poses inside a filmstrip (MaMaMedia)
- Chat - Text chat
- BlockParty – Tetris-inspired game
- Browse - Web browser based on Mozilla Firefox
- Some work on bundlebuilder has been done. Fedora packages for activities are really trivial now.
Deploy to a larger user base
- For Sugar to be useful to the elderly (and to help with accessibility) we need to make sure we can do some scaling of fonts and other interface components.
- Establish a testing/feedback regime to make sure that these tools really work in the field.
- We need an owner and to start fleshing out the actions.