Activity Team/Git Migration
From Sugar Labs
Import a module from dev.laptop.org
- Create an account on http://git.sugarlabs.org
- Log in and create a new project from the projects page (please use only lower case, e.g. sugar, turtleart, sugar-toolkit).
- Clone your git module from dev.laptop.org, e.g.
- See all the remote branches with:
git remote show origin
- Check out the remote branches you want to migrate, e.g.
git checkout -b sucrose-0.82 origin/sucrose-0.82
- Push it to git.sugarlabs.org with something like:
git push email@example.com:pippy-activity/mainline.git
- Add the pootle user as a committer (from the "add committer" link on the mainline page) and send mail to Sayamindu, to point pootle to new remote.
- Notify sugar-devel about the move.
- Make sure that sugar-jhbuild points to the new repository (ask someone to do it for you if you have no access)
Clone a module from git.sugarlabs.org
Instructions on how to clone a project from the git repositories of sugarlabs.org can be found at the project's repos/mainline page, for example for sugar-jhbuild. And here is an example:
git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-jhbuild/mainline.git sugar-jhbuild