When you plan to take a task from the list, please sign and date it using four tildes.
* task name ˜˜˜˜
When a task is complete, strike it out.
Announce availability of ATeam contacts page to mailing lists. Wade 17:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Query ATeam members about skills, interest, time commitment. Wade 17:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Look for at least one additional coordinator.garycmartin now a co-co-ordinator.
- Contact former + current activity developers. Wade 17:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ask about moving activities to git.sugarlabs.org (or mirroring). Garycmartin 22:00, 25 May 2009 (UTC) still in progress
- Ask about joining the Activity Team or coming to meetings.
- Write guides for Activity Authors. Pages should be located at Activity Team/Guides/Name. Don't forget to add links to Activity Team/Resources.
- Gitorious tutorial. Overview of SSH key setup. How to create projects, make clones, request and accept merges. Solutions to common problems.
- Localization tutorial. Intro to Python features, how to set up Pootle, deal with things like localizing images.
- Posting tutorial. Take the migrating from OLPC document and produce a guide to posting newly developed activities.
- Documentation tutorial. Guidelines for activity documentation, and perhaps instructions on how to create a FLOSS manual about your activity.
- Integrate IMAGE from User:Cjl/Sandbox and add C (collaboration) and V (view source) and maybe a J (journal) or R (reflection) (CoVeR IMAGE)?
- a.sl.o needs a "reading" or "literacy" or "words" category.
- actually a.sl.o needs its categories reworked, could well turn into formal activity tags within the Sugar UI if we get it right Garycmartin 22:00, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
High Impact Tasks
These are tasks which will have a big impact on Sugar deployments. This is your chance to affect thousands of children in the developing world! This section will be updated frequently to feature the most urgent work the Activity Team has to do.
SWF activity launcher
The Nepal deployment have created a suite of Flash based learning activities but are currently having to jump through many hoops to package them correctly. We would like to have a launcher which creates an activity window and launches Gnash in it, with a .SWF file. This launcher would then be used to easily make activity bundles out of SWF files. Nepal is freezing their deployment image in mid-Feburary and extensively uses Flash based activities. We could really use some movement on this task.
- Not directly related to Nepal deployment (I think), but Tomeu has been working on a gnash gtk widget called SWFEdit, there is some more information on his blog. I'll try to put up some demo activities and drum up some interest once I've had time to play! Garycmartin 03:20, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Web activity launcher & framework
Maze is currently the most addictive multiplayer game on the XO, and it needs a further dusting of crack, including better statistics, handicaps, etc.
One of the top activity requests from deployments is a general purpose, collaborative Quiz activity. It should support creation of quizzes by teachers. It should support image, sound and text content, in the form of multiple choice, fill in the blank, true/false, etc. It should allow multiple students to take a quiz simultaneously by joining the activity. This project has been taken up by Tony Anderson. He hopes to have an initial version done by Feb 22.
- I am still working on this - May 10 is current target date. Tony
This has the potential to be an awesome communication method; not only a chat option for the blind but a way of teaching specific words, and a fun way to engage small clusters of people around an XO: sound carries well to people who aren't currently reading the screen. alsroot 13:19, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Document Process to Add instruments to TamTam
Most deployments would love to add their native instruments to TamTam but have no idea how to get started. Documentation on how to do this is lacking in the TamTam wiki. If it is very technically challenging to add new instruments to TamTam, it would be great if someone from the Activity Team would volunteer to assist deployments in adding new instruments. see Modifying TamTam
Scratch has a huge following. If Sugar was the best or easiest way to use Scratch it would help our adoption. First step is getting it working on the latest version an put it up on the activity portal. Next is saving to the Journal and collaboration.
Make activities.sugarlabs.org (or addons.sugarlabs.org) work.See Activity Team/Remora_port.
- Move projects owned by ATeam members over to git.sugarlabs.org and downloads.sugarlabs.org
Bug IT to get us admin accounts for SL services.
Downloads.Wade 21:10, 10 February 2009 (UTC) addons.sugarlabs.org will fill this need, for now we have to request individual accounts.
Trac (component creation)21:10, 10 February 2009 (UTC) can create new components now.
Ask IT about activity repository mirroring. A read-only Git repository on SL which automatically pulls from a remote repository.We'll just ask authors to push a copy to Gitorious.
Flesh out structure for Activity Team wiki.Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Create Activity Team wiki structure page indicating where content is supposed to go.Wiki is doing pretty well now.
Bug IT to add helpful "git-clone" hints like on: http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=activities/help;a=summary and/or instructions for developing within sugar like: (snipped) I moved this snippet to the Get Involved page, and Gitorious does offer push / clone urls. Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Help SoaS and other distro packagers to get as many activities as possible working on plain Sugar (outside the XO software environment).
- See Activity Team/Activity Status for a list of projects that need to ported and/or tested.
- Clean up activities. Bring .POT files up to date, check MANIFEST is correct, publish latest version to downloads.sugarlabs.org.
- See Activity Team/Activity Status for a list of projects that need to cleaned up.
- Build a list of "Rescue" activities: Ones which have not been worked on in a while but are close to being usable.
- Build a list of "Help Wanted" activities: Great ideas or existing projects which need to be sugarized.
- Generate spec for Web, SWF activities and deliver to Development Team.
Activity Feature Requests
This section is for feature requests for specific activities. As requests, there can be no guarantee as to the order in which we will process them, but we will do our best.
If you are a new activity developer, there are many small tasks here which would be a great way to get introduced to the project.
Move the show/hide blocks, erase, and stop buttons to the toolbar
Add run and step buttons to the same toolbar
Reconfigure audio initialization so that it only happens when TA starts up or gets sent to the background
- Don't let bricks get lost off the screen
Add a special stack "hat" for "main" (tied to the run button above)
Merge with TA with sensors.
See the addition to-do items here