Difference between revisions of "Development Team"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
== Meetings ==
== Meetings ==
The development team
The development team regular IRC meetings (See the Sugar Labs [[Sugar Labs/Events|calendar]]). Find out more about the meeting time and upcoming and earlier meetings [[Development Team/Meetings|here]]. Help: [[Sugar_Labs/Communication channels#IRC.2C_Internet_Relay_Chat |Using IRC]]
== Team lead ==
== Team lead ==
Revision as of 15:42, 26 January 2018
The mission of the Development Team is to build and maintain the core Sugar environment. This includes specifying and implementing new features in conjunction with the Design Team, fixing bugs as they are found by the Testing team and the Sugar community, and generally making Sugar awesome in all ways.
The development team has regular IRC meetings on Tuesdays at 5PM ET (22UTC) in the #sugar-meeting channel of irc.freenode.net (See the Sugar Labs calendar). Find out more about the meeting time and upcoming and earlier meetings here. Help: Using IRC
The Development Team coordinator position carried administrative tasks such as organizing regular meetings, keeping the TODO list updated, keeping the development team membership list updated, and making sure that the team has clear goals and is kept focused. We were accepting nominations for an election for this position, see Development_Team/Team_Lead_Candidates_2010_05, but the position is now open.
See the Development Team/Release page.
We have defined the role of the release manager for the past 3 releases as the following:
- Setting the schedule.
- Making sure that the Features/Policy is followed by submitters.
- Keeping this wiki updated with the released modules and making sure to have final release notes available.
- Sending email reminders about approaching Freezes, tarball due dates, etc.
A schedule was based on GNOME releases, a 6-month release cycle.
Now, releases are scheduled in an ad-hoc manner if at all.
All of core Sugar development except system-dependent modifications can be done on a standard computer by installing Sugar.
See also the now unmaintained Platform Team/Sweets technology.
Document your work
See Features/Feature Template for an example.
Patches to Sugar are more than welcome. There are guidelines for code review to get them accepted.
Package Sucrose for your distribution
- Currently there are efforts to maintain Sugar as part of Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora.
- Help us maintain good communication with distribution packagers to assist in this. Join the Platform Team.
- Help test. See 0.114/Testing.
- See our bug tracking system https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ or Issues on GitHub.
- Want to work on an interesting Sugar project, or have an idea of your own? Check the project ideas page.
- Prepare a new Sugar Feature.
- See the Summer of Code project; ideas, students, mentors, and organization help are welcomed.
Platform Release Cycles
Template:Current Stable Release holds the release number.
See 0.112/Notes for the release notes.
- Development Team/API policy
- Development Team/Activities/Compatibility
- Development Team/Almanac
- Development Team/Almanac/API Changes
- Development Team/Almanac/Activity Bundles
- Development Team/Almanac/Code Snippets
- Development Team/Almanac/Code Snippets/translations
- Development Team/Almanac/GStreamer
- Development Team/Almanac/GTK's Clipboard Module
- Development Team/Almanac/Internationalization
- Development Team/Almanac/Making Icons
- Development Team/Almanac/Pango
- Development Team/Almanac/Python Standard Logging
- Development Team/Almanac/Shared Sugar Activities
- Development Team/Almanac/Sugar.presence
- Development Team/Almanac/Sugar.presence.activity
- Development Team/Almanac/Sugar.presence.buddy
- Development Team/Almanac/Sugar.presence.presenceservice
- Development Team/Almanac/lang-es
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.activity.activity
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.activity.activityfactory
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.activity.registry
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.datastore.datastore
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.env
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.alert
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.icon
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.notebook
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.style
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.toolbox
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.graphics.toolbutton
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.logger
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.mime
- Development Team/Almanac/sugar.profile
- Development Team/Almanac/translations
- Development Team/Architecture
- Development Team/Arduino
- Development Team/BugShuffle
- Development Team/Buildbot
- Development Team/Chroot
- Development Team/Code Review
- Development Team/Code guidelines
- Development Team/Collaboration Refactoring
- Development Team/Community
- Development Team/Contacts
- Development Team/Coordinator
- Development Team/Datastore Rewrite
- Development Team/Debugging
- Development Team/Embedded
- Development Team/Environment
- Development Team/FAQ
- Development Team/Getting Involved
- Development Team/Issues
- Development Team/Jhbuild
- Development Team/Jhbuild/Debian
- Development Team/Jhbuild/Fedora
- Development Team/Jhbuild/OS X/translations
- Development Team/Jhbuild/Ubuntu
- Development Team/Jhbuild/lang-es
- Development Team/Jhbuild/lang-ja
- Development Team/Jhbuild/translations
- Development Team/Low-level Activity API
- Development Team/Manual
- Development Team/Manual/Setup
- Development Team/Manual/lang-ja
- Development Team/Manual/lang-ko
- Development Team/Manual/translations
- Development Team/Meetings
- Development Team/Meetings/Logs/August 28 2009
- Development Team/Meetings/Logs/May 21 2009
- Development Team/Meetings/Logs/September 01 2009
- Development Team/Meetings/Logs/September 10 2009
- Development Team/Memory
- Development Team/Memory/Leak testing
- Development Team/Memory/Usage Analysis
- Development Team/Mini tutorials
- Development Team/Mission
- Development Team/Obsolete
- Development Team/Obsolete/Sugar is not Product but Ecosystem
- Development Team/Obsolete/sugar-port
- Development Team/Packaging
- Development Team/Performance
- Development Team/Prerequisites
- Development Team/Presence Service Removal
- Development Team/Profiling
- Development Team/Project Ideas
- Development Team/Python Packages
- Development Team/Quickstart
- Development Team/Release
- Development Team/Release/Modules
- Development Team/Resources
- Development Team/Sound
- Development Team/Source Code
- Development Team/Sugar-Build
- Development Team/Sugar Architectural Diagram
- Development Team/Sugargame
- Development Team/Sugargame/Examples
- Development Team/TODO
- Development Team/Team Lead Candidates 2010 05
- Development Team/Tutorials
- Development Team/Understanding the Code
- Development Team/Upstream Downstream
- Development Team/lang-es