- Hardware : Sugar XO-1.5
- Build : 373pyg Paraguay
- Sugar : 0.88.1
- Firmware : Q3A50
NOTE: This document has been prepared to provide the reader an idea of the working and use of the Journal Backup feature added in the recent builds of Sugar Dextrose.
To use the Journal Backup feature You would require: 1) A Sugar XO-1 or XO-1.5 or Sugar emulator running the latest build of Sugar Dextrose. 2) A USB-2.0 flash drive (preferably atleast 1gb in size)
- Start the system running the latest build of Sugar Dextrose .
- Plugin a usb-2.0 flash drive device into the usb port .
Screenshot of Journal before Back-up
- Open the journal and right click on the usb drive symbol in the journal.
Screenshot of the right click action on the usb drive icon in journal
- Now to Backup the Journal contents click on the Backup journal option
Screenshot of the pre-Backup Stage of the Backup Journal Feature GUI.
- Now click on the Start button to backup the journal contents into the usb flashdrive.
Screenshot of the post-Backup Stage of the Backup Journal Feature GUI
- Now click on the close button at the completion of the backup process . You can see the backup directory created in your usb flash drive containing the backup data of the journal which would be used in Journal Restore process to restore the data in the journal.