This page is being performed while I'm porting Log Activity to Gtk3.
There is a ticket with some useful information that I'm using on the porting and to keep tracking this port. Besides, this wiki page will be useful to write some code snippets about what are the difficulties that I'm having on the port and maybe can be useful for someone else.
I will take this guide as reference on the Gtk3 porting.
- gtk2: http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtktextview.html#method-gtktextview--scroll-to-mark
- Gtk3: http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.5/GtkTextView.html#gtk-text-view-scroll-to-mark
Gtk.TextView.scroll_to_mark needs all the arguments. In gtk2 version three of them were optional (use_align, xalign, yalign)
self._textview.scroll_to_mark(log.get_insert(), 0, use_align=False, xalign=0.5, yalign=0.5)
This function sometimes receives user_data so we need to add an optional argument to the definition.
def _sort_logfile(self, treemodel, itera, iterb):
def _sort_logfile(self, treemodel, itera, iterb, user_data=None):
- Gtk3: http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/clipboard.html
To integrate the clipboard of the activity with the MAIN clipboard (the Sugar one) we should obtain that clipboard:
# Clipboard of the activity self.clipboard = Gtk.Clipboard.get(Gdk.SELECTION_CLIPBOARD)
And then, when the Copy button is pressed we should call this function (in the callback). The self.viewer.active_log is a Gtk.TextBuffer
- Look for FIXMEs and READMEs in the code (logviewer.py)
- Searching in the log is not working due to this bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=680597