Features/Tags in Journal
Support tags in Journal.
- Name: Aleksey Lim
- Email: send an email
- Targeted release: 0.86
- Last updated: Fri Jul 17 06:34:13 UTC 2009
- Percentage of completion: stopped, highly depends on Features/Plain Query Format
- Add tags feature to Datastore
- Add tags auto completion while editing tags metadata field
- Implement tags related features from Design Team/Proposals/Journal proposal
Benefit to Sugar
Simpler way to use tags in Journal.
- depends on Features/Plain Query Format
- new out parameter for Datastore find() method to get related tags after querying; if request was empty (search for all objects) find() returns original set of tags
- Tags widgets from sugar-toolkit; Kartik Rustagi (widget from the tagging work in the mesh)?
- Support tags in Journal
How To Test
This does not need to be a full-fledged document. Describe the dimensions of tests that this feature is expected to pass when it is done. If it needs to be tested with different hardware or software configurations, indicate them. The more specific you can be, the better the community testing can be.
Remember that you are writing this how to for interested testers to use to check out your feature - documenting what you do for testing is OK, but it's much better to document what *I* can do to test your feature.
A good "how to test" should answer these four questions:
- What special hardware / data / etc. is needed (if any)?
- How do I prepare my system to test this feature? What packages need to be installed, config files edited, etc.?
- What specific actions do I perform to check that the feature is working like it's supposed to?
- What are the expected results of those actions?
If this feature is noticeable by its target audience, how will their experiences change as a result? Describe what they will see or notice.
Just regular glucose dependencies.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.
- Features/Journal data tagged private or public
- Features/Activity specific metadata in Journal (data model)
The Sugar Release Notes inform end-users about what is new in the release. An Example is 0.84/Notes. The release notes also help users know how to deal with platform changes such as ABIs/APIs, configuration or data file formats, or upgrade concerns. If there are any such changes involved in this feature, indicate them here. You can also link to upstream documentation if it satisfies this need. This information forms the basis of the release notes edited by the release team and shipped with the release.