open, volunteer needed, contact gdk at redhat dot com
Note: these are all possible goals. Further discussion is necessary. Also: any goal that is worth setting is worth measuring, so all of the final goals will have basic metrics associated with them.
Logo, Name, and Slogan
The logo is here: MarketingTeam/Logo
- Does the name "Sugar" really convey our common mission in a way is at the very least memorable and at the very best is inspiring?
- Do we have a slogan that conveys the proper images to non-technical audiences?
The names "Sugar" and "Sugar Labs" have no intuitive relationship to education or to our mission goals
New Name Ideas
- Sugar Land
Both names convey a sense of place and safety for children. Sugar is not simply a background canvas like Windows XP. I propose keeping Sugar Labs for the organization name and renaming "Sugar" the environment to SugarLand.
- "Sugar: Where Kids Learn and Play"
- "Sugar: A Place to Learn and Play"
- "Sugar: A playground for learning"
A slogan should be attuned to the prospective audience, with particular emphasis on expressing Sugar's mission to non-technical audiences.
Sugar Labs website
In addition to the Sugar Labs wiki, we are proposing to create a small static HTML web site to give a high-level overview of the project and direct people to appropriate areas of the wiki.
We need one volunteer per section below to write copy.
- Homepage Christian
- Audience-specific Landing Pages
Each volunteer should get in touch with Christian ASAP to discuss the goals for the section they are working on: email@example.com
Deadline for final copy: Dec 8