Marketing Team/Organizing an Event
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Event Organizers' Resources
There is a lot of preparation to do before an event. This guide will help you to not forget some parts.
- If you are involved in organizing an event for Sugar Labs, please add it to the Sugar Labs Events list, so others can easily find it.
- It's a good idea to send an announcement to the marketing mailing list .
- For the planning of an event we suggest that you setup up a wiki page with the event name as title and all relevant information. Take this template if you are not familiar with the wiki.
- Attend a weekly marketing meetings to find helping hands and promote your event.
- Big events like LinuxTag last 4 days. It works well to have one person organize the accommodations for the group. There are several good reasons to stay at the same place: all ambassadors can eat breakfast together, it's easier to organize things for the leisure time, it helps save money and it's definitely more fun.
Please check the FIXME Logo Usage Guidelines and ask firstname.lastname@example.org for a usage permission before using the Sugar Labs Logos.
- Business Cards
Media and Flyers
- Sugar on a stick
- Live CDs
- If you have a small booth (only a small table), take your laptop with you and use it to show Sugar to the visitors.
- If you have larger booth or demonstration room you may need more hardware. Perhaps one day there will be an EventBox with hardware, but for now use it as a check-list.