One tester's jhbuild experience 23Aug9
How do I get TOC to work?
- 1100 reading install instructions http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Jhbuild
- Why? I had Sugar installed on Ubuntu 9.04 but it stopped building ~19Aug. I deleted the directory. rm -rf sugar...
- 1110 on irc waiting for git to finish download/ uploading video
- user@ubuntu:~/sugar-jhbuild$ ./sugar-jhbuild update
- 1119 ./sugar-jhbuild depscheck returns ok
- 1120 ./sugar-jhbuild build in process
- 1202 lost internet. Apparently build still pulls from repository
- note use pastebin and look at errors before making fool of oneself on irc, very easy to lose cred with devs
- 1218 retrying at 25 of 38 now
- 1222 epic romance of failure: *** Installing read *** [26/38]
python setup.py install --prefix /home/user/sugar-jhbuild/install Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 19, in <module> from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
ImportError: No module named sugar.activity
- Error during phase install of read: ########## Error running python setup.py install --prefix /home/user/sugar-jhbuild/install *** [26/38]
 Rerun phase install  Ignore error and continue to next module  Give up on module  Start shell  Reload configuration
This has been going on now for at least four days as of 23 Aug. Is there anyone building Sugar from Jhbuild but not on a VM?
got sugar started tried opening activities then it freezes whole screen
<dgd> you're going to love this... f11 jhbuild. no activities start...
<dgd> the video will be available in about 20 minutes, UI is there but activities do NOT start
<dgd> and even better, F11 just crashed...
<dgd> this machine runs fine except when running sugar...
<dgd> unfortunately video will not be available as machine has just crashed... :) <dgd> s/:)/:(