The first election of members to the Oversight Board will occur within one month (30 days) of the acceptance of membership into the SFC. (If membership into the SFC is denied, then the election will occur sometime before September 30, 2008.) The terms will be on a two-year staggered basis (three of the initial board seats will be for one year only to seed the process).
Until the time of the election, an acting Oversight Board will consist of the following members:
- Marco Pesenti Gritti (Red Hat)
- someone appointed by One Laptop per Child (OLPC)
- someone appointed by the Software Freedom Law Association (SFLA)
- Hernan Pachas (Universidad San Martin de Porres - Peru)
- Aaron Kaplan (Community member)
- Benjamin Schwartz (Community member)
- Walter Bender (Community member)
Additional roles within Sugar Labs
Ombudsman: A neutral party with whom anyone (member or non-member) can consult with anonymously. The ombudsman will make a monthly report to the Oversight Board and the community. Bert Freudenberg will serve as acting Ombudsman until one is elected (Please email ombudsman at sugarlabs.org).
System administrator: ex officio, nonvoting member of the Infrastructure Committee
Treasurer: ex officio, nonvoting member of the Finance Committee