Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2019-01-04
| NOTICE: This page is a draft in active flux...|
Please contribute to these contents and discuss issues on the discussion page.
- Board members
- Walter Bender, Lionel Laské, Devin Ulibarri, James Cameron, Samson Goddy, Alex Perez, and Claudia Urrea (from 20:44 UTC).
- Community members
- Rahul Bothra and Peace Ojemeh.
- Welcome new Board Members
- Assign new Board roles
- Discussion of 2019 goals
Carried over from e-mail deliberations was;
Google Summer of Code 2018 Stipends
- PENDING MOTION 2019-01
- Preserve the unpaid GSoC 2018 stipend for marketing purposes, and thank the mentors who suggested this.
- mentors made this agreement in private (Subject "GSoC mentor stipend" on October 11th),
- that there was no plan in the motion,
- that Conservancy is unlikely to let us spend any money without a plan,
- past undermining of decisions,
- need for consensus as a control for undermining,
- role of the liaison or project representative,
We did not come to an agreement. Next action is to write a marketing plan together.
Google Summer of Code 2019
Walter asked us to consider our participation in Google Summer of Code 2019.
- decision to be made by 23rd January,
- quantity of project ideas,
- organisational administrator(s),
- benefits and costs, including exposure to broader FOSS community,
- process to select project ideas,
- process to select mentors,
- the Sugar Labs GSoC repository,
- hidden development conversations,
We agreed to participate.
- AGREED MOTION 2019-02
- Sugar Labs will apply for Google Summer of Code 2019.
Google Code-in 2018 Travel
- AGREED MOTION 2019-03
- Sugar Labs matches the Google Code-In Summit travel budget, by paying from our own funds up to $2k.