Difference between revisions of "Pop Quiz/Development"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
for and and
Latest revision as of 14:59, 8 July 2010
Home base for hackers and devs.
If you are a teacher and want to evaluate my project, please either click
here or look just below to run the prototype. It will launch in the same window, so when you're done hit the back button to get back to this page. Please read the prototype notes as it explains what each screen is for. Once you're done running it, please go here to discuss it (or once again look below). The latest version is where you would add your input. If you need any help or would just prefer to individually contact me feel free to send me an email at email@example.com
Discuss the prototype here
For a directory of the old versions look here
A few things about my prototype. The final program will be in Python; the prototype is in flash because I know Actionscript and I'm able to quickly make a prototype with it. It's designed to get across the ideas of possible functionality, not actually be a fully working completely accurate prototype. I've hard coded a lot of stuff which won't be in the actual program. Please evaluate it based on what it implies it would/could do, rather than what it actually does (example: numbers for percentage are wrong, but implies that they would be displayed and displayed correctly). Things to note about it are as follows:
- The first screen is what the teacher would see, and have the opportunity to input a question, input up to 4 answers, as well as select the correct answer. They would then click on answer to send the question out to the students.
- The second screen is what the student would see after the teacher submits a question. The teacher's question is displayed as well as a timer and all of the possible answers submitted by the teacher. It currently only supports 4 but I'd like to allow the teacher to determine how many possible choices there are. When the timer runs out, an answer is submitted regardless, otherwise the student can just input an answer and send/submit it. Currently I have the problem of the correct answer still being selected, I cannot figure out how to fix it in flash right now, but that won't be the case in the final version of the activity.
- The 3rd and 4th screens are both for the teacher. The 3rd screen is the general statistics of the class: Percent that got it correct, the number of students that selected each answer, the average time it took them to answer. The 4th screen is a representation of the class room organized by the name of the XO per student. The teacher can hover over the XO symbol to see the XO's name immediately, and if they continue to hover over it (like in the XO user interface) more information about that particular XO will be displayed such as what answer was selected, and the exact time it took them to answer.
Please see the related pictured below as well
Polish up the GUI for the Teacher and Student and test functionality
Integrate and test networking code and or look at other programs that use mesh networking and fit code to PopQuiz use.
Test all integrated code, track bugs
Begin user testing (need to find an environment, ping Math4)
Fix bugs and edit features if need be from results of testing.
1) Learn Python/Get GroupMembers
Need - Know python and have dev environment set up - Get group members
2) Create Student User Interface
Need - Able to accept input from user - Transition from screen to screen smoothly - Gathers all of the desired information easily
3) Create Teacher User Interface
Need - Able to accept input from user - Transitions from screen to screen smoothly - Stores all the information in a format easily sent over networks - Able to display all of the class information regardless of number of students (up to 15)
4) Get Networking working
Need - Teacher is able to create and share activity - Students are able to join activity - Information is able to be passed from student XO to teacher XO
Need - Multiple tests in many different situations - Feedback from community on usefulness and what else is desired Date - As long as there is support for the project
6) Add features
Need - Features to be added will determine needs Date - Needs will determine dates