Below are links to and the todo lists of the teams within Sugar Labs.
When you plan to take a task from the list, please sign and date it using four tildes.
* task name ˜˜˜˜
When a task is complete, strike it out.
- Query ATeam members about skills, interest, time commitment. Wade 17:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Look for at least one additional coordinator.garycmartin now a co-co-ordinator.
- Contact former + current activity developers. Wade 17:26, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ask about moving activities to git.sugarlabs.org (or mirroring). Garycmartin 22:00, 25 May 2009 (UTC) still in progress
- Ask about joining the Activity Team or coming to meetings.
- Write guides for Activity Authors. Pages should be located at Activity Team/Guides/Name. Don't forget to add links to Activity Team/Resources.
- Gitorious tutorial. Overview of SSH key setup. How to create projects, make clones, request and accept merges. Solutions to common problems.
- Localization tutorial. Intro to Python features, how to set up Pootle, deal with things like localizing images.
- Posting tutorial. Take the migrating from OLPC document and produce a guide to posting newly developed activities.
- Documentation tutorial. Guidelines for activity documentation, and perhaps instructions on how to create a FLOSS manual about your activity.
- Integrate IMAGE from User:Cjl/Sandbox and add C (collaboration) and V (view source) and maybe a J (journal) or R (reflection) (CoVeR IMAGE)?
- a.sl.o needs a "reading" or "literacy" or "words" category.
- actually a.sl.o needs its categories reworked, could well turn into formal activity tags within the Sugar UI if we get it right Garycmartin 22:00, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
High Impact Tasks
These are tasks which will have a big impact on Sugar deployments. This is your chance to affect thousands of children in the developing world! This section will be updated frequently to feature the most urgent work the Activity Team has to do.
SWF activity launcher
- Not directly related to Nepal deployment (I think), but Tomeu has been working on a gnash gtk widget called SWFEdit, there is some more information on his blog. I'll try to put up some demo activities and drum up some interest once I've had time to play! Garycmartin 03:20, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks to Tomeu's work there is some examples now.
Web activity launcher & framework - DONE!
In progress. See Karma.
Maze is currently the most addictive multiplayer game on the XO, and it needs a further dusting of crack, including better statistics, handicaps, etc.
One of the top activity requests from deployments is a general purpose, collaborative Quiz activity. It should support creation of quizzes by teachers. It should support image, sound and text content, in the form of multiple choice, fill in the blank, true/false, etc. It should allow multiple students to take a quiz simultaneously by joining the activity. This project has been taken up by Tony Anderson. He hopes to have an initial version done by Feb 22.
- I am still working on this - May 10 is current target date. Tony
Document Process to Add instruments to TamTam
Scratch has a huge following. If Sugar was the best or easiest way to use Scratch it would help our adoption. First step is getting it working on the latest version an put it up on the activity portal. Next is saving to the Journal and collaboration.
Make activities.sugarlabs.org (or activities.sugarlabs.org) work.See Activity Team/Remora_port.
- Move projects owned by ATeam members over to git.sugarlabs.org and downloads.sugarlabs.org
Bug IT to get us admin accounts for SL services. Downloads.Wade 21:10, 10 February 2009 (UTC) activities.sugarlabs.org will fill this need, for now we have to request individual accounts. Trac (component creation)21:10, 10 February 2009 (UTC) can create new components now.
Ask IT about activity repository mirroring. A read-only Git repository on SL which automatically pulls from a remote repository.We'll just ask authors to push a copy to Gitorious. Flesh out structure for Activity Team wiki.Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC) Create Activity Team wiki structure page indicating where content is supposed to go.Wiki is doing pretty well now. Bug IT to add helpful "git-clone" hints like on: http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=activities/help;a=summary and/or instructions for developing within sugar like: (snipped) I moved this snippet to the Get Involved page, and Gitorious does offer push / clone urls. Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Help SoaS and other distro packagers to get as many activities as possible working on plain Sugar (outside the XO software environment).
- See Activity Team/Activity Status for a list of projects that need to ported and/or tested.
- Clean up activities. Bring .POT files up to date, check MANIFEST is correct, publish latest version to downloads.sugarlabs.org.
- See Activity Team/Activity Status for a list of projects that need to cleaned up.
- Build a list of "Rescue" activities: Ones which have not been worked on in a while but are close to being usable.
- Build a list of "Help Wanted" activities: Great ideas or existing projects which need to be sugarized.
- Generate spec for Web, SWF activities and deliver to Development Team.
Activity Feature Requests
This section is for feature requests for specific activities. As requests, there can be no guarantee as to the order in which we will process them, but we will do our best.
If you are a new activity developer, there are many small tasks here which would be a great way to get introduced to the project.
Adding new Toolbars
|Activity||Git repo with patches||Comment|
|Typing Turtle||git://git.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/typing-turtle/typing-turtle-icarito.git||DONE. Waiting for merge request.|
|StopWatch||git://git.sugarlabs.org/stopwatch/stopwatch.git||DONE. Moved Share and Keep buttons to main toolbar.|
|Help||git://git.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/help/help-newui.git||DONE. Put navigation in main bar (like in Browse).|
|Distance||git://git.sugarlabs.org/distance/distance.git||DONE by dirakx.|
|Maze||git://git.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/maze/icaritos-mainline.git||DONE. Moved Share to main bar.|
|Get Books||git://git.sugarlabs.org/~icarito/get-books/icaritos-mainline.git||DONE. Moved book actions to main toolbar.|
|Words||http://git.sugarlabs.org/words-activity||DONE. The UI can be improved.|
Note: There are some activities that do not support the old toolbars, e.g., Edit. Should we be addressing this as well?? --I think we should address also backwards compatibility. so +1 to help modify these newer activities. --RafaelOrtiz 01:10, 31 May 2011 (EDT)
Merge with TA with sensors.
See the addition to-do items here
See the Community To Do list for more items that need doing.
Deployments are encouraged to report or link here their needs for features, services, assistance from the Sugar Labs community.
A wiki table may be used, or for ease of editing, a bulleted or numbered list with an indented attribute list may be preferred.
- Facilitate communication between learners and developers. Implement ways to do so.
- priority: high champions: deployment leaders
- Edit a wiki section.
- Evaluate this survey form, http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG50R2wzakRZX0h6WjI4Y29RMkZacUE6MA..
Schedule byweekly meetings and announce then on IAEP/Sugar.
- biweekly meetings are in the shared calendar
- Determine Regional Sugar labs governance.
- Create a set of principles
- Create a strawman business model
- Document and complement deployment guides.
SoaS Boston Schools
- See also Sugar on a Stick/TODO
|One pager for internal use at Gardner||Caroline||High||Draft is started|
|Easy Install for Mac emulation of Sugar||Help Wanted!||High||Ticket #114 All Gardner teachers have Macbooks. We need to make it easy for them to install and try out Sugar.|
|Collaborate to improve professional development resources||Caroline&Sebastian||Medium||Work out hiring and tasking an HGSE Intern and find out what other stakeholders should be involved|
|Bug importer from trac.laptop.org to trac.sugarlabs.org||tomeu (w/m_stone's help)||We need to do the Big Move of Sugar bugs. A one-time cost, fortunately. Ed has agreed that the bugs in OLPC trac will be closed with pointers to the SL trac.|
|Identifying bugs to move from trac.laptop.org to trac.sugarlabs.org||tomeu, erikos, marco||We need a very *very* high-level assessment of bugs to be moved over. Basic, *basic* triage from knowledgeable developers.|
|Trim down SoaS image||sdziallas||SoaS-2 is slimmed down already SoaS-1 is not yet|
|Restructure the Development Team wiki||marcopg||(later I want to start adding documentation)|
|Adding buddies not tracked in the PS http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/315||tomeu||Punted to 0.86, when we kill the PS (wait... we're killing the PS?)|