Difference between revisions of "Sugar on a Stick"
m (→200px|link=http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_19 Fedora 19 Beta: clean up page and links to soas v9)
m (→200px|link=http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_19 Sugar on a Stick v9 Beta: add Cloudberry name)
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
===[[File:Logo_SoaS_02.png|200px|link=http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_19]] Sugar on a Stick v9 Beta===
:Beta accepted 05/23/2013
:Beta accepted 05/23/2013
Revision as of 09:10, 24 May 2013
What is Sugar on a Stick?
| Sugar on a Stick is a Fedora® Spin operating system featuring the award-winning Sugar Learning Platform.
Sugar on a Stick will run on
You can use Sugar on a Stick to demo Sugar almost anywhere without disturbing the contents of the computer you use, and if people like what they see, you can install Sugar on a Stick to their hard drives or other sticks from the demo stick.
Our most recent version of Sugar on a Stick was released on 14 November 2017 with Fedora 27.
See the Spins download page
Fedora 26 Live Respins are like the official release but with officially updated Fedora components.
Fedora and the Infinity design logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
Want to use Sugar on a Stick?
|After you've tried out Sugar on a Stick, we hope you'll come back here and join our community of contributors to help us make the next release even better.|
Want to contribute to Sugar on a Stick?
You're in the right place! This page is a contributors portal to the project, and contains everything you need to get started in becoming part of the Sugar on a Stick community.
New contributors start here!
Welcome! We're excited that you want to help us bring the Sugar Learning Platform to children around the world. No prior experience with computers or educational technology is required - in fact, we actively encourage a diversity of backgrounds, ages, and perspectives. See the Joining Sugar on a Stick page for instructions on how to get started. You may also want to check out the Sugar on a Stick project page on OpenHatch, or attend one of our Sugar on a Stick meetings.
What can you do?
Get Activities on the Stick
We're always looking for help with all aspects of the Sugar on a Stick release process. Here are a few things you can do:
Get Sticks into Schools
Deployments all over the world need many different types of help as they work through the Sugar on a Stick deployment process - we need help building resources for all deployments to use, supporting those deployments, and helping new deployments start, as well as gathering stories and feedback from deployments so that we can make the next version of Sugar on a Stick even better.
Some things you can do to help:
Contributors are the lifeblood of the Sugar on a Stick community - we work hard to bring a playful mindset of teaching, learning, and meaningful work to the children we aim to reach, and we aim to keep that mindset in our own work and community as well. Welcoming and teaching new contributors or all types, building the resources they need, and teaching them how to empower others in their turn is one of the most important things you can do; it is everyone's responsibility to help build our community, one person at a time.
Some things you can do:
- Beta accepted 05/23/2013
- i686: https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-Beta-RC4/Live/i386/Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-19-Beta-1.iso
- x86_64: https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-Beta-RC4/Live/x86_64/Fedora-Live-SoaS-x86_64-19-Beta-1.iso
ʻŌhelo ʻai is the name of a native Hawaiian berry.
- Current version of Sugar on a Stick
- released 01/15/2013
- When does this page get changed to Fedora 18? satellit 01/22/2013
- Please identify bugs and instabilities at Sugar on a Stick/ʻŌhelo ʻai#Known bugs. Peter usually prepares an announcement.
- Import into VirtualBox
To find out what other contributors are doing, check out Planet Sugar Labs, where contributors to Sugar Labs and the Sugar on a Stick project aggregate their blogs. You can also add your own blog to the Planet.
Communication through the Sugar on a Stick mailing list has replaced regular meetings.
- We once had weekly meetings on IRC - see Sugar on a Stick meetings for more information, including logs from past meetings.
While the projects listed below are not part of Sugar on a Stick, we watch them closely and try to work with them when possible (or at least we're trying to learn!)
- For deployments lacking easy Internet access, one can turn a computer into a Sugar on a Stick Creation Station. The Sugar Creation Kit is a downloadable DVD which includes the materials you need to create Pineapple sticks and to install additional Activities, along with documentation and previous versions of Sugar on a Stick.
- Older portable Sugar distributions based on other Linux distributions .
- The undiscoverable is an unofficial FAQ for tips, tricks, and solutions to common problems that may otherwise be tricky to find. These are being considered for inclusion in the official SoaS documentation.
Previous versions and other subpages index
- Sugar on a Stick/10
- Sugar on a Stick/10/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Activity Criteria
- Sugar on a Stick/Activity Criteria/Status
- Sugar on a Stick/Archive
- Sugar on a Stick/Avocado
- Sugar on a Stick/Avocado/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Beta
- Sugar on a Stick/Blueberry
- Sugar on a Stick/Blueberry/Activities
- Sugar on a Stick/Boot
- Sugar on a Stick/Bugs
- Sugar on a Stick/Coconut
- Sugar on a Stick/Coconut/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Coconut/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Contacts
- Sugar on a Stick/Customization
- Sugar on a Stick/Documentation SOP
- Sugar on a Stick/Download/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Downloads
- Sugar on a Stick/E-Books
- Sugar on a Stick/Essence
- Sugar on a Stick/Explore
- Sugar on a Stick/FAQ
- Sugar on a Stick/Getting Involved
- Sugar on a Stick/Getting Involved/Testing
- Sugar on a Stick/Goals
- Sugar on a Stick/Hardware
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation/OLPC
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation/OLPC/lang-es
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation/OLPC/lang-fr
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation/Variations
- Sugar on a Stick/Installation Process
- Sugar on a Stick/Linux
- Sugar on a Stick/Linux/Installation
- Sugar on a Stick/Linux/Non-compressed Fedora
- Sugar on a Stick/Linux/bootable device
- Sugar on a Stick/Linux/openSUSE
- Sugar on a Stick/Macintosh
- Sugar on a Stick/Mango Lassi
- Sugar on a Stick/Mango Lassi/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Meetings
- Sugar on a Stick/Mirabelle
- Sugar on a Stick/Mirabelle/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Pancake page
- Sugar on a Stick/Pineapple
- Sugar on a Stick/Pineapple/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Pineapple/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Proceso de instalacion
- Sugar on a Stick/Project sitemap
- Sugar on a Stick/Proposals
- Sugar on a Stick/Quandong
- Sugar on a Stick/Quandong/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Quandong/hashes
- Sugar on a Stick/Raspberry Pi
- Sugar on a Stick/Resources
- Sugar on a Stick/Roadmap
- Sugar on a Stick/Smoke Test
- Sugar on a Stick/Stick Layout
- Sugar on a Stick/Strawberry
- Sugar on a Stick/Subpages
- Sugar on a Stick/Sugar Clone
- Sugar on a Stick/Sugar Clone/lang-es
- Sugar on a Stick/TODO
- Sugar on a Stick/USB format
- Sugar on a Stick/Virtual machines
- Sugar on a Stick/Virtual machines/Archive
- Sugar on a Stick/Windows
- Sugar on a Stick/Windows/lang-es
- Sugar on a Stick/Windows/lang-no
- Sugar on a Stick/ZyX-LiveInstaller
- Sugar on a Stick/deja-dup
- Sugar on a Stick/lang-es
- Sugar on a Stick/previous versions
- Sugar on a Stick/sdm
- Sugar on a Stick/v7
- Sugar on a Stick/Ê»ÅŒhelo Ê»ai
- Sugar on a Stick/Ê»ÅŒhelo Ê»ai/hashes