Testing on a RPi3 with a fresh install of Jessie. Installed sucrose and /usr/share/xsession/sugar.desktop looks fine, but not option to select Sugar Desktop when I try to login (no option of any sort). --Walter (talk) 08:33, 31 December 2016 (EST)
Found a panel for manually setting the desktop session. After logging out and logging back in, I got the color selector, gender selector, and a broken grade selector. Then everything switched back to the default desktop manager, but the Sugar cursor remained loaded :) Sugar is somewhere on the machine; but getting to it remains a challenge. --Walter (talk) 12:01, 31 December 2016 (EST)
Started from scratch and got some unmet dependencies when trying to 'sudo apt install sucrose':
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install sucrose Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The following packages have unmet dependencies: sonic-pi : Depends: libQt5printsupport5 but it is not installable sucrose : Depends: sugar-session Depends: python-carquinyol Depends: sugar-chat-activity Depends: sugar-browse-activity Depends: sugar-read-activity but it is not going to be installed Depends: sugar-log-activity Depends: sugar-write-activity but it is not going to be installed Depends: sugar-terminal-activity but it is not going to be installed Depends: sugar-pippy-activity but it is not going to be installed Depends: sugar-imageviewer-activity but it is not going to be installed Depends: sugar-jukebox-activity but it is not going to be installed Recommends: olpc-powerd but it is not going to be installed Recommends: ipython but it is not going to be installed Recommends: python-elements but it is not going to be installed Recommends: csound but it is not going to be installed Recommends: gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad but it is not going to be installed Recommends: gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly but it is not going to be installed Recommends: python-sugar-toolkit Recommends: python-sugar Recommends: gtk2-engines-sugar (>= 0.110) Recommends: sugar-calculate-activity but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
sudo apt-get -f install sudo apt install sucrose
echo sugar >> .xsession
Logged out and back in and Sugar is running.
Turtle works; Browse fails due to no module collabwrapper.
- Thanks for testing. It is a moving target; I didn't get what you saw. Retested today;
- Physics fails to start, box2d_arm7 not present.
- The cursor change is Sugar changing the settings for the user instead of maintaining separate settings for the user and Sugar combined. I've prototyped a fix with a split-brained GSettings backend.
- These are all problems common to Debian, Ubuntu and Raspbian. Nothing specific to Raspbian or Raspberry Pi hardware. So if we can fix these problems in Debian they will be fixed consequently in Raspbian. --Quozl (talk) 23:22, 31 March 2017 (EDT)
testing with rdesktop (may not be relevant)
- thumb drives are not shown in the journal, however you can see them using "df -h"
- cursor shows as white with a black background
- terminal "help" button is not working (may not be raspbian related, but just found it)
- When clicking view details in a journal entry (the right arrow) it shows nothing
- Right click in the journal sometimes works and sometimes doesn't
- Same things with rdesktop happen on Ubuntu and Debian, so it isn't a Raspbian thing. USB drives won't be shown because the rdesktop user is not in the local "seat" with authority. Cursor is some sort of problem with rdesktop. Journal problems are part of 0.110 and have been fixed since in git. --Quozl (talk) 23:12, 31 March 2017 (EDT)
Image of Sugar on Debian for Raspberry Pi
Moved to Debian/Raspberry Pi.