Wiki Team/Guide/Editing Pages
< Wiki Team | GuideJump to navigation Jump to search
How to create a new page
This is covered on a separate page: WikiTeam/WikiGuide/PageCreation
How to edit an existing page
- To edit an existing page, visit the page and click on the edit tab at the top of the page. The text of the page will show up in a large text entry window.
- Make whatever changes or additions you need.
- Enter a description of what you've done in the "Summary:" box.
- Use Show preview to see your changes before they are saved. Repeat as necessary until you get it right.
- Press Save page when done.
How to edit one section
- Each section has it's own "" link at the far right of the page. Simply click on that link to edit only that one section.
Suggestions and Hints
- If you have lots of text to add or changes to make, do it in steps, saving after each step.
- Don't forget to Save page when you are done previewing. (It can be too easy to forget this!)
- The Editing help link at the bottom of the page will give you a quick summary of how to edit, with links to more detailed references, and this will be in a new window or tab.
- If things really get messed up, there is a Cancel link at the bottom of the editing page.