If you have a question about something on-wiki, feel free to leave me a note on my [[User_talk:LFaraone|talk page]].
== Oversight Platform ==
Sugar Labs is currently facilitating a rich and diverse free software ecosystem, one which has the potential to revolutionize education for millions of children worldwide. In order to achieve this end-result, Sugar Labs needs to continue to engage new educators, content creators, and developers, as well as strengthen existing relationships with current contributors.
=== Plans for 2009 - 2010 ===
* Encourage increased community involvement to spur wider contributions
* Establish open communication with a variety of downstream Linux distributions, so people running any recent version of one can quickly deploy Sugar in their environment
* Focus on improving the reliability of Sugar on a Stick, as well as simplifying its installation
* Off-load infrastructure to relevant third parties (FSF, MIT Media Labs) to ease maintenance and reduce potential downtime
* Streamline the Sugar Labs web site so that people can get to the information they need (getting involved, getting sugar, etc) faster and more easily
=== Personal involvement ===
Over the past year, in addition to working on improving the end-user experience with [[Sugar on a Stick]], I have been investigating new ways to lower the barrier to entry in Sugar development and content contribution. By leveraging [[wikipedia:low hanging fruit|low hanging fruit]], [[What_could_I_do_in_an_hour?|one-hour projects]], and [http://gettingreal.37signals.com/ch06_Shrink_Your_Time.php quick to reward] tasks, Sugar Labs can attract and keep a wider variety of contributors.
Through tools such as Canonical's [http://launchpad.net Launchpad], [http://gsfn.us GetSatisfaction], and other sites, Sugar can continue to expand its developer base. Granted, any new infrastructure or separation in procedures can create additional confusion on the user's part. Because of this, we need to consider carefully our choices so as to not have the opposite effect of what we are attempting to achieve.