Jump to navigation Jump to search
Owner: Tomeu Vizoso
- Marco Pesenti Gritti
- The datastore code needs to be rewritten, to simplify and improve maintainability. As a first step the API will not be changed at all (other than removing removable devices support, see next goal), so that the new implementation can be swapped in without changes to activities and Sugar. (tomeu)
- Drop for now the management of removable devices inside the DS. Removable devices support in Sugar should happen without intervention from the DS. This will require that Sugar grows some kind of simple file manager that access the file system directly. (tomeu)
- #8155 The datastore should hard link identical files, to handle repeated downloads of the same content without filling up NAND. (tomeu)
- When an existing entry is modified, keep the old version and reference them with a version number. Compress versions with deltas. The journal needs to add a possibility to launch different versions of an activity from within the detail view. (tomeu)
- Degrade gracefully if a database gets corrupted- Basic functionality should only depend on the filesystem being available. Any other data structures (full text index) should be rebuildable from the filesystem. (tomeu)
- Tomeu is working on a prototype of the datastore rewrite.
- If the journal is not going to display the contents of removable devices, we (Eben) need to design an alternative UI.
- More work needed to define the goals.
Owner: Marco Pesenti Gritti
- Riccardo Lucchese
- Tomeu Vizoso
- Improve base memory usage of the sugar shell and related services. (tomeu)
- Improve base memory usage of the Activity class. (marco)
- Write a clear check list about things you need to do to ensure you are not leaking pygtk widgets. (tomeu)
- The reference cycle between Widget, Palette and Invoker is causing a lot of leaks. The Palette should not know about the invoker at all. The Invoker should control the Palette instead, pop it up and down, set his position etc. (marco)
- BuddyModel is referenced by sugar.presence.buddy.Buddy which is cached, so it doesn't get released as soon as we would like. (tomeu)
- We need some way to constantly monitor memory usage.
- Several heavy shell dependency has been dropped.
- Merge of the journal and of the shell service into the shell is in progress.