Sucrose 0.89.6 Release Notes
This is our first bugfix release in the 0.90 development cycle!
Thanks everyone for your great contributions!
There are no known compatibility issues, as of today.
Update to this version
Please use the instructions for your distribution (SoaS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian etc) of choice to upgrade to this release. Note that it may take a while until the release is packaged for each distribution. Please stay tuned for distribution specific announcements and watch out for updates at Get Sugar.
Glucose (base) modules
- sugar-datastore 0.90.0
- sugar-toolkit 0.90.0
- sugar-presence-service 0.90.1
- sugar-artwork 0.90.0
- hulahop 0.7.1
- Make sure the buddy palette is disposed after popdown #1742 (Tomeu Vizoso)
- Add 'cache-palette' property to Invoker #1742 (Tomeu Vizoso)
- updated translations: de, ta, es, kn
- use composition input for bn, gu, hi, kn, ml, mr, ta, te, sa
- fix error when switching to Vietnamese
- use pulseaudio driver if available
- fix soundReverb
- correct problem stopping sounds
Fructose (base activity) modules
- generate preview image for downloaded images #1106 (Gonzalo Odiard)
- Fix history on resume. The code is a bit hacky because of xulrunner limitations. I plan to make this code nicer when we move to webkit. (Lucian Branescu Mihaila)
- Simon Schampijer's patch to fix autocomplete functionality for the address. (Lucian Branescu Mihaila)
- fix #8857 - Browse fails to download some files with non-ascii characters (Gonzalo Odiard)
What is new for packagers
New API has been added to telepathy-gabble and telepathy-salut to support the work on the collaboration framework, which results in needing 0.9.16 for tp-gabble and 0.3.13 for tp-salut.
One of the goals of the collaboration refactoring was dropping functionality in sugar that has been implemented in telepathy-mission-control, so Sugar now depends on tp-mission-control 5.4.3.