FileShare is an activity that allows the user to share files from their journal.
The activity prompts the user for a list of files. When a user joins the shared activity, they are shown the file list where they can choose which files they would like to download.
The activity was based off a concept activity called Distribute
The project is under active development. I am currently looking for bug reports as well as suggestions for further improvement. Check out the current Dev Release (Dec. 14, 2009) or source code.
If you have found a bug, please report it the google group page or email to our google group email address.
- Activity can be loaded up and files can be added and removed from the file list
- It can be shared and users who join are able to download files from the file list.
- Sometimes user interface can become un-responsive during file transfers.
- Clients needs to communicate more to the server. In the current state, the server is not aware of the number of clients currently downloading files.
- Should show user who is currently downloading what files
- Download count on each file
- Prevent/Notify user from closing the activity while users are downloading from them.
- Integration to the school server
- Current plans are to have a server running on the school server as well allowing authorized users to upload files to the school server as well.
- Added Localization Support
- Server notifies client when new file is added
- Server notifies client when file is removed
- Client ignores remove request when transfer is in progress or completed
- Server now deletes file bundle for removed files
- Files are now refered to by a sha1 hash instead of int count
- Server will attempt to prevent duplicate shared entries
- By activity id in datastore metadata
- If no activity id in metadata, sha1 file given by get_file_path
- If file path is empty, no check can be done, create random sha1 no duplicate check can be done at this time
2009-12-11: Initial release