This Activity allows users to create paintings or drawings. It can also be used to edit images created by other Activities.
1 secondary toolbar - display or change the name of the drawing that is saved in the Journal
2 secondary toolbar - edit
3 tool properties
4 brush tool
5 erase tool
6 flood fill tool - fills an enclosed area with the color selected in tool properties (if the shape you try to fill has gaps then the whole screen may fill)
7 color picker tool - click on the screen to set the drawing color
8 stamp tool - select an area with the select tool, then copy it with the stamp tool
9 select tool - drag to select a rectangular area of the screen, drag again to move the selection. Also use with the edit toolbar (copy, paste, clear), with the stamp tool or with the image toolbar (rotate, mirror, scale, invert colors)
10 secondary tool bar - shapes
11 secondary tool bar - text
12 secondary tool bar - image
13 stop - quits the Activity
Paint is a versatile Activity with many uses such as:
- creating stand alone drawings or paintings
- creating images for inserting into Write documents
- creating slides for a Portfolio Activity slide show
- creating images for using in other Activities including Turtle Blocks and many more
- editing and cropping screen shots (take screen shots with Alt-1)
- editing and cropping photos taken with the Record Activity
- editing and cropping images made by other Activities including Turtle Blocks and many more
Paint does not support sharing. You can use Turtle Blocks for collaborative drawing.
Oficina (the Paint Activity) was developed and adapted to the XO using Python for the team NATE-LSI (Integrated Systems Laboratory), in the Polytechnical School at University of São Paulo, Brazil.