Sorry, this page translated from the original Spanish. Your help improving this translation will be very welcome :)
This brings the pilas-engine game development engine to Sugar, adapting it to the needs of the Sugar platform and adding elements to your learning curve.
We seek to facilitate a teaching tool for Python and game development.
This project was developed during the 2011 Sugar Junin Day Sugar Day Junin 2011
Links to the project
- Pilas: 
- Activity. .XO 
- Code 
- Issues tracker 
- Name of branch 'pilasqt'. Command to take to the branch:
hg clone https://email@example.com/hugoruscitti/pilas cd pilas/ hg update pilasqt
What has been done:
- Packaging the pilas-engine  to run on Sugar.
- Incorporation of PyQt libraries  into the activity
- Adding widget ninja-ide  , to have the interactive shell on the same screen.
- Generation of file dependencies needed for the project with PyInstaller 
- Creating the pilas.xo activity
- Bug: resize widgets
- Bug: set focus
- Documentation of how it is packaged with Qt activity  for Sugar
- define user guidelines and make mockups
- typical Pippy examples 
- interpreter and code editor tabs
- option to run in fullscreen or box
- list of Pilas actions and behaviors
- help tab
- persistent options
- Document examples / startup guide
We must turn this into a roadmap ...
- Trim list of dependencies created PyInstaller, to include only what is needed
- Incorporating autocomplete and inline help for the ninja-ide
- Use dbus  to communicate with the menu of others
- Incorporate Sugar persistence [persistence options or code to be developed]
- Integrate code for the pilas-engine  and pilas.xo
- Refactoring to PyCairo 
- Incorporate into the activity the possibility of Sugar sharing
- Add interactive options on objects (such as in eToys  )
The Activity starts with the game engine initialised and a monkey (mono) preloaded. The monkey is displayed in the upper pane and the lower pane executes Python code in immediate mode
The following commands can be entered (from the Spanish documentation )
mono.sonreir() //monkey smile mono.gritar() //monkey shout mono.decir("Hello World!") mono.x = 100 mono.y = 100 mono.escala = 2 //set scale mono.rotacion = 40 //rotate 40 degrees mono.rotacion =  // the  means animate mono.x = [-200, 200] //animate horizontally mono.x = [-200, 200] * 5 //go side to side 5 times mono.x = [-200, 200], 10 //animate over 10 seconds help(mono) pilas.ver(mono) //view source mono.eliminar() //delete monkey mono = pilas.actores.Mono() //create a monkey instance pilas.iniciar() //initialise the game engine pilas.iniciar(gravedad=(0, 0)) //initialise and set gravity
There is much more, read the Spanish. 
Running Pilas from Pippy or Terminal
This is not working, help please!
import sys sys.path.append('/home/olpc/Activities/Pilas.activity') import pilas pilas.iniciar()
Create a file myprogram.py in ~/Pilas.activity containing
import pilas pilas.iniciar()
In Terminal type