Difference between revisions of "Activity Team/How to migrate from Gitorious"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (FGrose moved page Activity Team/How to migrate from SugarLabs to Activity Team/How to migrate from Sugar Labs: proper spelling)
m (Ignacio Rodríguez moved page Activity Team/How to migrate from Sugar Labs to Activity Team/How to migrate from Gitorious)
Latest revision as of 15:48, 2 December 2014
Migrate the code
- If you are not the author of the activity, query the author to let them know about the move.
- Create an account on http://github.com and log in. Add your public SSH key to your account.
- Create a new project (http://github.com, Your repositories, New repository).
- Clone your activity from github.com.
git clone git://github.com/username/pippy.git
- If you want to migrate a non-master branch...
git remote show origin git checkout -b sucrose-0.82 origin/sucrose-0.82
- Push to git.sugarlabs.org with something like:
git push email@example.com:username/pippy.git --mirror
- Clone the project from the new repository in order to be able to push your changes. You'll need to do a git clone into an empty directory, using the same URL you used with your previous push:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:username/pippy.git
If you're getting a message saying fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly that probably means that this URL is incorrect.