Archive/Current Events/2009-10-25< Archive/Current Events
1. I had been meaning to mention that already several weeks ago we exceeded one-million downloads from activities.sugarlabs.org. We are now over 1.1 million.
2. Last week, Sayamindu Dasgupta posted a blog about the various tools for downloading and reading books in Sugar. If you haven't yet seen it, it is worth a look.
3. In response to the discussions about the need for more amd more accessible lesson plans, Martin Dengler has wiki-fy your Sugar Lesson Plan template.
4. The minutes from last week's Sugar Labs oversight board meeting are posted in the wiki. Our next meeting will be this Friday (23 Oct) on #sugar-meeting at 14:00 UTC.
In the community
5. Simon Schampijer has posted an initial schedule for the Sugar Camp at Bolzano.
6. I'll be speaking at Free Software Day at Universidad de San Martín de Porres (USMP) in Lima next Saturday.
8. I have been trying to wrap my head around how to use Cairo in Sugar. With the help of Tomeu Vizoso, I finally think I understand how it all works. Check out Activity Team/Sample code/Ruler. I modified Mitchell Charity's Ruler to use the new toolbars and enable one to set the DPI of the display. (Ruler had previously been set to display correctly on the OLPC XO; as a consequence, the DPI was wrong on most other displays.) Next, I'll try to re-factor Turtle Art to use Cairo.
9. Gary Martin has generated a SOM from the past week of discussion on the IAEP mailing list (Please see SOM).