justhonestconvert Sugar to distro packages :)
The main purpose of this project is helping people to package Sugar for various non-mainstream GNU/Linux distributions. If a GNU/Linux distribution is not Debian/Fedora/Ubuntu based and there is a lack of human resources to maintain packages, this project could be valuable.
How it works
The general idea is to collect all distro-independent information in one place to minimize maintenance costs. The process for generating packages is:
- Fetch dependencies from sugar-jhbuild (native sugar building system)
- Add distro-independent content like common package dependencies, various strings, urls etc.
- Use distro-specific templates to generate native packages
Currently supported followed distributions:
Meta packages to install bunch of sugar components
- sugar-glucose provides core components
- sugar-fructose provides core activities
- sugar-platform provides Sugar Platform