Design Team/Activity Touch Input
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Canvas zooming in/out with pinch gesture
- Right now, there is no canvas zooming at all... just block zooming.
- Canvas scrolling when dragging canvas
- Will experiment with that one for v138
- Default to large blocks when used on a touch device to reduce obscuring effect of fingers & improve hit target. Perhaps extend the block shapes to have an otherwise blank 'gripper/ridged' area to the left or right
- What is the purpose of the gripper?
- To allow a fat finger to easily drag a block about without obscuring its content and top edge for snapping onto other blocks
- Portrait orientation clips too many toolbar icons (expect portrait orientation to be used much more frequently on tablet devices)
- As of v137, there is a scroll mechanism for clipped palettes...
- Toolbar hover hints clobbering view of block palettes (due to touch activation leaving pointer over toolbar buttons )
- These can be turned off and could be by default.
- Allow escaping from full screen mode (see Read for improved behaviour)
- Vertical scrolling solution
- Page turning swipe gesture for paginatable documents