From Sugar Labs
- 1 Datastore
- 2 Tags under titles
- 3 Toolbar and palettes
- 3.1 Button icons in toolbar
- 3.2 What/Anything palette
- 3.3 When/Anytime palette
- 3.4 Who/Anyone palette
- 3.5 Tags palette
- 3.6 Grid view palette
- 3.7 List view palette
- 3.8 Extended list view palette
- 4 GMail-style tag view
- 5 Subpages
- See Sascha Silbe's version support project specifically datastore-redesign (click the raw blob data link at the top of the page to see the HTML rendered in your browser), and this mailing list thread, or this compilation of the discussion in context with the proposal document.
CSA: If you incorporate ordered tags, based on filesystem paths, they could look like this:
- Add and mock-up an anyone/who palette.
- Try and find better design for the anything/what filter/funnel icon.
- Show multi entry selection and applying actions to them
- shift key modifier and click to multi select (toggle, or could be block range)
- modified pop-up palette when interacting with multi selected items
- Try tag functionality in the search magnifying-glass icon
- less scary number of buttons for novice users
- could also be part of autocomplete when typing
- What/Anything filter could switch main canvas to a 'tree map' like view
- clicking on a grid would then just list that Activity type
- each grid would be sized based on frequency of entries
- each grid would show icon and Activity name
- maximum use of space
- no scrolling and no scary palettes
- perhaps tags could be treated in the same way?
Button icons in toolbar
Simple order by frequency
Show frequency as gradient
Show frequency as proportional size
Grid view palette
List view palette
Extended list view palette
GMail-style tag view
Tags drag-and-drop-able from a left-side palette.