In eduJam Rafael, Reuben and Gonzalo did a review of pending patches:
- 1 Clipboard menu off screen #2201 (Aleksey Lim):
- 2 = Change the method to add new actitivities in the activities list in home view (Jorge Saldivar)
- 2.1 Make sure Adhoc is Sugar-Adhoc (unknown author)
- 2.2 Notification enhancements (Martin Abente)
- 2.3 Database support for 3G control panel (Andrés Ambrois)
- 2.4 Flickering and unknown icons in the window bar #870 (Aleksey Lim)
- 2.5 Add lease duration information in about my computer (Anish Mangal)
- 2.6 Extend sugar-launch with more options (Martin Abente)
- 2.7 Show register gconf value (Martin Abente)
- 2.8 Feedback feature (Aleksey Lim, Mukesh Gupta)
- 2.9 Add font dpi schema (Jorge Saldivar)
- 2.10 Journal Backup / Restore (Martin Abente)
- 2.11 Share 3g connection (Martin Abente)
- 2.12 Yum-updater notifications integration (Aleksey Lim)
- 2.13 Globalkey for touchpad device icon (Martin Abente)
- 2.14 New microformat activity updater (Anish Mangal)
- 2.15 Accesibility Series
- 2.16 Parse activites dependencies
- 2.17 More robust handling of unhandled exceptions (Aleksey Lim)
- 2.18 Let call the frame from arbitrary code avoiding curcular imports (Aleksey Lim)
- 2.19 Memory and cpu resource indicator (Anish Mangal)
- 2.20 RFC: Kill the delayed menus for good (Bernie Innocenti, Michael Stone)
Notas:We nend to add new functionality to the pallete in order to allow max widht and add widgets instead of only text.
Better to do in gtk3 port, this patch its a hack.
== Set default scaling to 100 (unknown author) == :
in GTK3 is going to be possible to set scale with other units than pixels. like CSS. We must see Gnome bugs..and ask Carlos Garnacho.
= Change the method to add new actitivities in the activities list in home view (Jorge Saldivar)
This patch seems o.k but needs to be updated to latest sugars.
https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1660 (in comment).
This is upstreamable.
TODO..not found patch.
Notification enhancements (Martin Abente)
Patch not found, prepare a feature request, comments in link:
To review actual state in regard to GTK3.
Database support for 3G control panel (Andrés Ambrois)
Need review patch looks o.k for upstream.
Flickering and unknown icons in the window bar #870 (Aleksey Lim)
Needs review and testing to get it upstream, its an interesting bug to work.
Add lease duration information in about my computer (Anish Mangal)
We need to have a link to the patch to review,.looks upstreamable.
Extend sugar-launch with more options (Martin Abente)
We need to make a feature page for that, the change its simple but its needs discussion.
Show register gconf value (Martin Abente)
ISTR the Design Team had an issue with this (or maybe just with another "Register" menu item related topic). We should restart discussions on this. From a UX perspective, it would be nice if we could automatically determine whether a School Server is available, rather than always showing the option and adding a crutch to disable it. There are privacy issues to consider (that are potentially shared with the existing code; see e.g. a discussion of the current security model). We need a link to discussion, why is this needed and what the problems are.
Feedback feature (Aleksey Lim, Mukesh Gupta)
New feature page, design dicussion.
needs new desing and analisis, follow: abrt, apport..and request how is it used in Paraguay. Low prioriy.
Add font dpi schema (Jorge Saldivar)
Needs to be analized for post - GTK3 and porpose a features page.
Old feature page http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Font_configuration
Journal Backup / Restore (Martin Abente)
Redo feature page and analyse if this can be done on the control panel.
Need investigation regards New network manager versions, impleting share connection feature (for all kinds of connections), and needs desing for sugar interface experience.
Bug reference: https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/1028
Yum-updater notifications integration (Aleksey Lim)
Needs to be investigated and use package kit instead of yum.
to acoount integration debian or other service. Use ubuntu-fedora related implementations.
Globalkey for touchpad device icon (Martin Abente)
Must be upstreamable,.especify for only 1.0. to check deviceicon/touchpad.py for specific path and verify hotkey <alt-m> ??
New microformat activity updater (Anish Mangal)
It hasn't been ported to sugar 0.94, OLPC had a patch in sugar-0.84 with this functionality.
Doing patch separations., ruben to ask for feedback, separate and clean up tyhe patches.
Parse activites dependencies
Sweets..description, ..needs feedback from aleksey.
More robust handling of unhandled exceptions (Aleksey Lim)
Patch not found. We need to review this one.
Let call the frame from arbitrary code avoiding curcular imports (Aleksey Lim)
Not sure why this one is necessary. We should fix circular imports by refactoring rather than adding hacks to break the cycle.
Status unknow. What is the problem that this patch is trying to fix, bug fixes?
Memory and cpu resource indicator (Anish Mangal)
It needs to be re-designed. ? CPU cycles code must be tuned for ARM ?
Does this needs CPU cycles, suspend resume behavior?, Using it only with the fram is open.
Needs solid feedback from the field before we can try again.