Difference between revisions of "Documentation Team/Book Sprint"
Revision as of 15:55, 17 March 2009
We are planning a book sprint this fall for create a user's guide for Sugar. Please add add you comment and concerns here or on the discussion page.
- Austin, Texas
- Anne investigating
25–29 August 2008
Scope of documentation for sprint
Audience: Basic Users Guide. Advanced Guide will follow after the Sprint
Getting Started Guide for the file system, wireless connections, everything you do without Activities. Walter Bender has started with User:Walter/sandbox, which points out where the Floss Manual can be updated to be hardware-free (for example, his annotations with OLPC-XO-1-specific hints for keyboard shortcuts and specifics for the OLPC-XO-1 hardware). Updates should be made to http://en.flossmanuals.net/olpc_simple.
Getting Started with an Activity for specific Activities, such as Browse and Record. A starter manual for the Record activity can be found at http://en.flossmanuals.net/olpc_record. Priorities needed for which Activities to start first.
Recruited/invited writers (expect about 5-6 in person)
- Austin, Texas
- Anne Gentle
- David Cramer
- Janet Swisher
- Boston, Ma
- Seth Woodworth
- Walter Bender
- Illinois (Chicago area)
- Mel Chua
- Emily Kaplan
- Other locations
- Adam Hyde - Netherlands
- David Farning - Wisconsin
- Greg DeKoenigsberg - Raleigh NC
- Robert Nagle - Houston
- Ron Hale-Evans - Seattle
Create a users manual for Sugar.
Below is a rough draft of a project schedule.
- Week 1 - Target Date July 13. Define scope of document. Assign volunteers to specific tasks.
- Week 3 - Target Date July 27. Deadline for outlines of chapters to be worked on at sprint.
- Week 5 - Target Date Aug 25. Conduct sprint.
- Week 6 - Editing and Translation Begins
The rest is based on the chosen release date for the spring release of Sugar.
- Week 0 - Release Final documentation
- Week -1 Final translation tarballs due
- Week -4 Documentation freeze
- Week -5 Book Sprint II