This page is for planning the EduJAM! summit in Paraguay October 10th to 13th 2013.
WEB: Visit our website!
- Sharing experiences among global Sugar and OLPC deployments
- Encouraging the creation of local communities and strengthening existing ones
- Getting updates on the current activities of OLPC, Sugar, TurtleArt and technology and learning projects of MIT
- Encouraging the participation of local communities in the overall project
A first sketch of the event (preliminary, see also update here!) is as follows: Program committee:
- Gonzalo Odiard
- Walter Bender
- Leticia Romero
- Martín Abente
- Claudia Urrea
- Mary Gomez
If you want to attend, please write us: email@example.com
Including Volunteer Organizers: Martín Abente, Walter Bender, Pablo Flores, Gonzalo Odiard, Leticia Romero, Micaela Acosta
We'll put here some more information about possible places for staying.
The following 4 are from edujam.wix:
The program is showing a range of venues, UNA, ABC color, Caacupe, Paraguay Educa, Sheraton
Near UNA (Universidad Nacional de Asunción):
- Badenia Hotel Garni 2, Fernando De La Mora, Paraguay
- Hotel del Sur Av Mariscal José Félix Estigarribia, San Lorenzo, Paraguay
- Liz Hotel Gral Genes, San Lorenzo, Paraguay
- Hotel Universitario P. J. Carles, San Lorenzo, Paraguay
Wifi access will be sought where possible, but not guaranteed.
Saturday's Turtle Art Day is in Caacupe, 30 km from Asuncion. A bus is being provided. See registration below.
Visas are not required for most US, Canada, Europe.
My advice on phoning the embassy is that Australian and New Zealand citizens need a visa which costs US$135 for Australians or US$140 New Zealanders. The embassy is in Canberra and processing takes 2-5 days plus mailing time. However Wikipedia indicates that you can get a visa on arrival at the Asuncion main airport  this may be true and the phone advice incomplete or Wikipedia may be out of date.
- http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/Guia_Ingles_10-08-2013.pdf (en)TA Day Event Planning Guide
- http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/Guia_Esp_12-08-2013.pdf (es) TA Day Guía planificación de eventos