The knowledge base for Education includes links to a variety of materials that are important for understanding where we are and where we might be going.
- Popular press
- Book publishers
- Ministries of Education: Curricula, textbook standards, teacher training
- Teacher training: Schools of Education, On-the-job training, continuing education
Theories of Knowledge and Understanding
- Epistemologies: How do we know, or do we?
History of Educational Thought and Practice
- Traditional cultures: rites of passage, formal and informal learning, ...
- Ancient civilizations: Greece, China, India...
- The Catholic Church: Dark Ages, Carolingian schools, teaching orders, the rise of the Universities, the Counter-Reformation
- Other Christian theories: Lutheran, Calvinist, Quaker (Friends), Anabaptist...
- Scientific study: Montessori, Gattegno, Piaget...
- Computers in education
Studies of Educational Methods
Theories of Education
- Craft guilds: Apprentices, journeymen, and masters
- Social control
- Liberal education
- Piaget and Vygotsky
- John Holt
- Papert and Kay
- Physical development
- Social development
- Learning disabilities and talents
- Understanding of the world
- Combat and command
- Conflict and negotiation
- Business, finance
- Physical sciences
- Social sciences
- Languages and literature
- Reading and writing, print, online
- Lectures (originally dictation)
- Film and video
- Sound recordings
- Computers and software tools: programming languages, content creation, human language support, standards, Free/Open Source Software
- Distance learning