Features/Dotted Activity Versions
This Feature adds a minor part to the activity version. It will reuse the existing activity version field as the major part (integer). A new field will be introduced that will be the minor part (fraction) of the new floating point activity version.
- Name: Simon Schampijer
- Email: simon AT sugarlabs DOT org
- Targeted release: 0.88
- Last updated: Tue, 09. Feb 2010
- Percentage of completion: 80%
A new field is added to the activity.info file (activity_minor_version). Internally the activity version will become represented as a float, constructing the value of the minor and major part if the minor part is available. Otherwise the activity version is converted to a float.
Benefit to Sugar
Let activity developers release bugfix versions and do not mess them with already released new versions(e.g. bugfix for several-versions-ago release w/o breaking/confusing-users existed versioning scheme).
This feature enhance the versioning scheme of activities. An optional field is added to the activity config file activity.info.
The activity version is only visible in the activity list.
How To Test
- add the minor part to an activity.info file of an activity
- you should be able to change the favorite status in the activities list of new and old style activities
- you should be able to install activities (check newer and older versions of the same activity, too)
If this feature is noticeable by its target audience, how will their experiences change as a result? Describe what they will see or notice.
Regular glucose dependencies.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.
Documentation needs to be adjusted.