Features/Multi selection screenshots
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Name: Walter Bender, Gonzalo Odiard, Simon Schampijer, Martin Abente, Ajay Garg
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The implementation is almost identical to the one done by Martin; details available at : http://www.sugarlabs.org/~tch/journal2.mpeg
The only differences are ::
- More copy-to options :: Clipboard, Documents (in addition to mounted drives).
- When entries are copied to another location, both - the sources and the destinations - are de-selected automatically, without the user explicitly have to de-select them all manually.
- There has been a progress bar added for batch-operations.
Basic utility of this feature
- This feature, merely does a loop-over for multiple entries. That is, the workflow and the end-result in the following two scenarios should be exactly the same ::
- Entries, E1, E2, E3 .... En, are operated upon one after the another, individually.
- Entries, E1, E2, E3 .... En, are selected together, and operated upon one after the another, as a single macro batch-operaton.
- Some particular use-cases ::
speeds upmakes XO-bundle installations more convenient, when multiple bundles are copied together from a USB drive to the journal. Thanks a ton to Sridhar Dhanapalan for the attention generated towards this (otherwise obscure) use-case.