- F1 for Neighborhood view (wireless network view), See Human Interface Guidelines/The Laptop Experience/Zoom Metaphor.
- F2 for Groups view,
- F3 for Home view,
- F4 for Activity view,
- Alt + Tab to change between Activities,
- Alt + Shift + Tab to change between Activities backwards,
- Alt + 1 to make a screenshot, saved to Journal,
- Alt + Shift + f or F6 (in Sugar 0.90 or later) to make the frame appear and disappear,
- Alt + Shift + o or F5 (in Sugar 0.90 or later) to switch to the Journal,
- Alt + Shift + v to view source,
- Ctrl + c to copy to clipboard,
- Ctrl + v to paste from clipboard,
- Ctrl + z to undo,
- Ctrl + q to quit an activity,
- Esc to close the View Source dialog.
Some old activities have a bug, and ignore Ctrl + q, please report them.
Turtle Art Hotkeys
- Alt + p = palette;
- Alt + b = blocks;
- Alt + r = run;
- Alt + w = walk;
- Alt + s = stop;
- Alt + e = erase the screen.
The Terminal activity must pass all Ctrl keys to the shell, so all the Sugar hotkeys starting with Ctrl must also have Shift pressed:
- Ctrl + Shift + c = copy to clipboard
- Ctrl + Shift + v = paste from clipboard
- Ctrl + Shift + q = quit activity
- Alt + Shift + q to quit Sugar
Emulator hotkeys work in
sugar-emulator or if the environment variable
SUGAR_DEVELOPER is defined. They do not function in
Some of the Sugar hotkeys may not work in an emulator.
- Hidden Features: The Undiscoverable
Keys that don't work but should
- Esc doesn't appear to do anything at the activity level ... if Sugar is to help kids learn about computers then they should know that escape, outside of Sugar, does a lot of stop-gap good. Is there no 'Esc' on OLPC machines?
- Try using the Ctrl + Esc combination. --Dennis Daniels 15:15, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
The olpc:Keyboard shortcuts for the OLPC XO-1.