Infrastructure Team/Getting Involved
Contact Bernie Innocenti if you can offer hardware, VM hosting or help setting up new services and maintaining existing ones.
Admins are generally required to send a GPG signed copy of USENIX's SAGE System Administrators' Code of Ethics before taking service.
See Infrastructure Team/TODO for a list of tasks we need to get done.
Contributors of free software projects are not generally expected a minimum level of performance. However, maintaining infrastructure is a job of high responsibility. The fact that you're not being paid does not mean that it's OK to abandon your post without notice!
If you choose to maintain or co-maintain a piece of the Sugar Labs infrastructure, you agree to:
- Assume full personal responsibility for the performance and security of your service
- Take reasonable steps to avoid the risk of data loss and downtime
- Keep the corresponding Service or Machine documentation page up to date
- Try to respond quickly to problems reported by users
- When you no longer have time, step down responsibly: find a new maintainer and help them take over your duties smoothly
- If that is not possible, clearly announce that the service is being discontinued and help cleanup all resources used by it.