Rough plan for implementing i18n for Karma
- Integrate with pootle
- Handle strings inside code and html markup
Examples $("#someDiv").text(gettext("Hello World")); <div>Hello <strong>W</strong>orld</div>
- All strings stored in one file per locale, messages.json
- All message identifiers must be unique within an a lesson
- Accommodating numeric, currency, and date formatting is not an immediate requirement
- Use a modified version of gettext, where the key for getting translations, we will use an arbitrary message identifier. This will remove the need for managing translation contexts.
- We will try to use the Internationalization Tag Set for handling strings inline with html. The Okapi tool may be able to parse out strings marked with ITS.
- We will use this lesson for prototyping examples/6_Maths_matchingAnglesAndShapes/
- For the immediate future we will dynamically change out strings per locale on page load