The content of this page is considered
DEPRECATED and OBSOLETE
It is preserved for historical research, along with its talk page.
Outdated Meeting notes
- status of Subzero's Thesis
- The OLE Nepal devs want subzero to create the "Capacity" lesson in Karma. What does subzero think? -- He will have to play with it more to understand the scope of work
- Pflores visit to Nepal and encouraging Uruguay to use Karma
- git Stuff
- Briefly discuss benefits of branching in git vs. creating temporary files like index1.html
- power of .gitignore and why we should use it
- Bryan needs admin rights to Karma repo
- KCD's return to Austria, how does he want to stay involved?
- SVG - what are our options?
- different libs
SVGWeb SVG Web is just for cross-browser rendering of SVG
- SVGKit (http://svgkit.sourceforge.net/)
- Criteria for Evaluating libraries
- library download size
- strength of community behind lib
- Ease of use
- Any conflicts using together w/ jquery.karma.js
- We will test both dojox.gfx and raphaeljs
- We will meet 21:15 UTC Wednesday to decide which to use
- We will keep the chosen svg library separate from Karma and not integrate it
- Bryan will attempt to reimplement adding_up using the chosen svg library
- We will refactor Karma according to the SVG library chosen and this will take precedence over the other goals for release 0.2
The below Meeting Items are shelved awaiting a decision on SVG
- i18n - progress?
- Review for 0.2, are we on track?
- mpavel looking for more things to work on, what should we ask him to do?
- Narwhal and packaging
- Talk about how narwhal handles packaging
- Should we make karma a narwhal package?
- narwhal's method of managing modules and compiling all your project's dependencies into a single file is really sweet
- Update on Vaibhaw -- will be working on Karma full-time most likely starting this week
- Make sure everyone is clear why we should use only js 1.6 and what we can use from it -- filter(), map(), forEach()
- Goals for this week
- i18n demo working
- parser script
- pass unmadindu's sample tests
- Get narwhal working in browser
- Figure out how to build a package that contains all the dependencies for a project
- Clean up chakra so all 3 stages look nice
- Select an SVG library to work w/ or copy