| || |
== Proposals ==
== Proposals ==
|−|I'm first going to list all the proposals, then group them, then attempt to schedule them. If you're reading this page now, I think I finished 'listing'. The first division I'll make is between people who will be present in person, and those who will not be attending; feel free to correct if you know you will/will not attend. | |
|−|=== Expected to attend === | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020385.html Journal, reloaded] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020387.html Legacy compatibility] (C. Scott Ananian] | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020403.html Security and isolation] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020406.html Translation improvements] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020409.html "Asynchronous internet"] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020414.html Printing support] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020530.html Shutdown menu] (Paul Fox) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020543.html Dealing with low memory/OOM] (Deepak Saxena) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020537.html Clarifying zoom] (Eben Eliason) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020552.html Performance] (Erik Garrison) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020692.html Files] (Erik Garrison) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020729.html Uruguay observations] (Michael Stone) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020730.html What's an "Activity"?] (Michael Stone) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020731.html Activities as Building Blocks] (Michael Stone) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020733.html Language learning on the XO] (Chris Ball) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020595.html Desktop compatibility] (Marco Gritti) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020597.html Top Five performance problems] (Marco Gritti) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020598.html Web-based activities] (Marco Gritti) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020566.html View source everywhere] (Tomeu Vizoso) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020416.html Printing] (Martin Langhoff) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020728.html Forgotten tools] (Michael Stone) | |
|−|* School Server Update (Martin Langhoff) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020447.html Textbooks] (Edward Cherlin) | |
|−|* Portfolio (Walter Bender) | |
|−|* [[ User:Mchua/proposals#Sugarcamp brainstorm|Brainstorm: Making SugarLabs the easiest project ever to contribute to]] (Mel Chua) | |
|−|* [[InfrastructureTeam|Sugar Labs Infrastructure]], current status & planning (Bernie Innocenti) | |
|−|* [[MarketingTeam|The Gospel According to Sugar]]. How do we make the Sugar message ubiquitous? (Greg de Koenigsberg) | |
|−|* [http:// lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-October/009472.html Report Cards on XO] (Yamandu Ploskonka) | |
|−|* Interfacing with Wetware: Teacher Training (Yamandú Ploskonka) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020436.html Submitting homework] (from Mikus Grinbergs, shared by Yama Ploskonka) | |
|−|=== Possibly attending via telephone === | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020400.html Legacy compatibility] (Sayamindu Dasgupta) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020415.html i18n and l18n in 9.1 and beyond] (Sayamindu Dasgupta) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020400.html Link local collaboration] (Morgan Collett) | |
|−|* [http://wiki. laptop.org/go/XOcamp_2#Networking Server based collaboration, removing Presence Service, File Transfer / Journal Object sharing] (Morgan Collett) | |
|−|=== Not known to be attending === | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020695.html MouseTrap for Sugar] (Carlos Mauro) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020694.html Per-Country Sugar themes] (Carlos Mauro) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020696.html Usability testing] (Carlos Mauro) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020436.html Submitting homework] (Mikus Grinbergs) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020566.html Control Panel improvements] (Mikus Grinbergs) | |
|−|=== Disputed === | |
|−|I think these are not appropriate for Sugarcamp, they are XO specific and would fit much better in January XOCamp. -- Marcopg | |
|−|:I think that remaining ignorant of Sugar's most widespread distro is foolish. [[User:CScott|CScott]] 19:40, 13 November 2008 (UTC) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020388.html Improving antitheft] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020389.html Update improvements] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020411.html Fedora integration] (C. Scott Ananian) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020538.html Power] (Chris Ball/Richard Smith) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020545.html Filesystems] (Deepak Saxena) | |
|−|* [http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020762.html Build Tools] (Michael Stone) | |
| || |
== Events ==
== Events ==
Participation is open to all Sugar and OLPC volunteers and employees!
For the XOCamp-2, originally scheduled for November but now postponed to January, see here.
- Where: Cambridge MA, USA (exact location to be confirmed)
- When: November 17, 2008 - November 21, 2008
- C. Scott Ananian (speaker)
- Michael Stone (speaker)
- Chris Ball (speaker)
- Marco Gritti (Milan, Italy) (speaker)
- Tomeu Vizoso (Prague, Czech Republic) (speaker)
- Martin Langhoff (?) (speaker)
- Bernie Innocenti (Florence, Italy) (speaker)
- Walter Bender (at the end of the week) (speaker)
- Mel Chua (speaker)
- Wade Brainerd (Monday at least)
- Caroline Meeks
- David Farning
- Eben Eliason
- Greg de Koenigsberg
- Brian Jordan
- Edward Mokurai Cherlin (Silicon Valley)
- Greg S. Will try to stop by when I can. Waiting to see the agenda to figure out exactly when.
- John Tierney
- Brendan Powers
- Yamandú Ploskonka (speaker) 15th eve to 20th afternoon
Moved to Sugarcamp/Proposals.
These were donations made for the original XOcamp; the contributors need to be contacted to see whether they are willing to put the money towards a sugarcamp instead.
- User:CScott (cscott at cscott.net) has pledged $1000 for sugar developers
- Michael Stone (michael at laptop.org) has pledged $1000 for speakers
- Christoph ( christoph at olpcnews.com) has pledged $100 for anyone
- User:Ohshima (yoshiki at vpri.org) has pledged $50 for anyone
- An anonymous donor has pledged $800.
- Peter Robinson pledged $50.
- George Mavrothalassitis pledged $50.
- Gary (gary at garycmartin dot com) has paypaled $100 for sugar developers
- Bernie Innocenti has paypaled $42.42 as a symbolic gesture to fund sugar developers and supporters
- Bill Bogstad can a twin bed in a basement. One person for the entire time period. Confirmed for Sugarcamp.
- Mel Chua (and Chris Carrick)
can take 2 guests (update: both mattresses in our guest room are full, we are housing two guests for Sugarcamp - hurrah!) We do live 15min walking from the airport for those with weird flight times who don't mind air mattresses or the sofa in the living room. (mel at laptop)
- The Acetarium and its dépendence reserved royal suites for their valued Italian attendees (bernie and marcopg).
- Tomeu is hosted by Adam and Seth, arriving the 16th at 9.45PM and leaving on the 23rd at 6.05PM.
need an indoor surface to spread a sleeping bag the night of Saturday. I am arriving Saturday, but accommodations previously arranged begin the evening of Sunday... Solved! thank you for several kind offers! Yama Ploskonka
Adopt a speaker!
These are out-of-town speakers (and links to their proposals) who could present at Sugarcamp.
Please feel free to add anyone I've missed; I just compiled this quickly by scanning emails to devel@ and sugar@ with 'Proposal' in the title. If you're one of the listed developers, please add your location and the approximate cost of airfare, if you can determine it -- or remove yourself if you've made a proposal but aren't actually interested in attending, or can donate your own travel costs. I tried to roughly sort by number of proposals made (talks to be given).
- Marco Pesenti Gritti (marcopg).
- Core Sugar developer
- Proposals: Desktop compatibility, Top Five performance problems, Web-based activities
- From: Milan, Italy. Cost: booked for US$542.
- Tomeu Vizoso
- Core Sugar developer
- Proposals: View source everywhere, others?
- From: Prague, Czech Republic Cost: booked for US$720
- Sayamindu Dasgupta (unmadindu)
- Sugar developer/Translation lead
- Proposals: Legacy compatibility, i18n and l18n in 9.1 and beyond
- From: Kolkata, India Cost: $1400
- Carlos Mauro
- Proposals: MouseTrap for Sugar, Per-Country Sugar themes, Usability testing
- From: ? Cost: ?
- Martin Langhoff
- School server developer
- Proposals: Printing, School Server Update
- From: ? Cost: ?
- Mikus Grinbergs?
- Proposals: Submitting homework, Control Panel improvements
- Edward Cherlin
- Proposals: Textbooks
- From: Cupertino CA Cost: $300