Marketing Team/Events/Sugarcamp Boston 2008/hackathon
- Monday, November 17, 2008
- Evening (starting at perhaps 6:30 with dinner, and continuing until 10 or however late the space we get is open)
- We're still looking for a space. Can you host? Email mel at laptop dot org!
This is a "new Sugar coders hackfest" evening, where people can come to learn about making Activities - bring a project you want to work on, and we'll have people from the core Sugar team around to help, teach, answer questions, run impromptu tutorials, and make tools/patches as needed to ease the entry route for new coders.
Sign up if you're coming, so we know how many to expect. Put a
- Marco (on-site mentor)
- Tomeu (on-site mentor)
- Mchua (hackathon coordinator, working on Larry, a language-learning Activity)
Let Mchua (mel at laptop dot org) know if you can help!
- Get a location with wifi, projectors, and ready access to food (which probably means "order pizza, then ask everyone if they can chip in a few dollars when it comes).
- make invitations and send them out
- find some way to make nametags for everybody
- make sure that the location gets set up (chairs, tables, etc.) and taken down/cleaned-up afterwards
- send thank-you follow up emails after the event encouraging people to come to the rest of Sugarcamp