Marketing Team/Meetings/02-10-2009

Pre-meeting: Agenda

  1. followup on FOSDEM (if attendees from that are present)
  2. We Need A New Coordinator (as this marks the end of my 2 week "emergency FOSDEM duty" stint)
  3. cleanup/paredown
  4. and then things from the mailing list, below.
    1. let's write success stories on blogs/olpcnews - who's interested in doing this?
    2. howto make branded and attractive CDs - who's making them?
    3. is up, and there are open questions whether we should make a separate role for people interested in doing Public Relations work or if we could merge it with some other role like Designer or Marketing. How do other open source projects solve this issue? and
    4. We have blurbs for parents and teachers. Well, drafts, anyway - they need help! And we need another draft for learners. Parents:, Teachers:
    5. Would cards be a good idea for people without wiki connectivity?
    6. linuxtag 2009: let's do it.
    7. what are our punchlines?

The actual meeting

Logs are at

Post-meeting: Stuff To Do will be updated shortly, but this week's round of tasks:

Not taken, need help!

  • #TODO - set up "here's how to get swag" designs/links from FOSDEM and SCaLE that are reusable for other people
  • #TODO - post a "who's who" with who has what marketingteam responsibilities


  • #TODO - erikos is running point on LinuxTag, see ( because erikos is AWESOME. )
  • #TODO mchua to do one last remindershout about FOSDEM followup (Simon did such a great job with this that I actually think we're set.)
  • #TODO walterbender to approach Belkin about sticks for LinuxTag
  • #TODO walterbender and tomeu to follow up about their conversation with Patrick, if tomeu can get clearance to publish
  • #TODO SeanDALY to post the excellent "sugar-branded shoulder straps for XO owners" idea on Swag wikipage
  • #TODO jt4sugar to find marketing team lead; followup on walterbender, SeanDALY, jt4sugar, and caroline's conversations
  • #TODO walterbender to post notes from George Snell convo on the marketing mailing list ;)
  • #TODO mchua get jt4sugar's "how to blog" pdf pushed through mailing list moderation (Emailed John asking for the files; message probably too large to make it through moderation, which would make it a bad idea to actually send it out.)
  • #TODO SeanDALY is now Press Release Guru - sends out press releases, maintains press list
  • #TODO SeanDALY post "how to handle SL press releases!" stuff on the MarketingTeam wiki, and then poke the marketing mailing list to get people to do it
  • #TODO SeanDALY to chair next meeting, mchua make sure he has everything he needs
  • #TODO mchua to send out todos