Marketing Team/Organizing an Event
Event Organizers' Resources
There is a lot of preparation to do before an event. This guide will help you to not forget some parts.
- If you are involved in organizing an event for Sugar Labs, please add it to the Sugar Labs Events list, so others can easily find it.
- It's a good idea to send an announcement to the marketing mailing list .
- For the planning of an event we suggest that you setup up a wiki page with the event name as title and all relevant information. Take this template if you are not familiar with the wiki.
- Attend a weekly marketing meetings to find helping hands and promote your event.
- Big events like LinuxTag last 4 days. It works well to have one person organize the accommodations for the group. There are several good reasons to stay at the same place: all ambassadors can eat breakfast together, it's easier to organize things for the leisure time, it helps save money and it's definitely more fun.