Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2014-02-05
< Oversight BoardJump to navigation Jump to search
SLOB members: walterbender, Daniel Francis, Claudia Urrea, Gonzalo Odiard, Jose Miguel Garcia
Community members: decause and others.
- Sugar Youth Summit
- Background Image Contest
- Pedagogist/Developer meetups
- UNESCO grant
- We celebrated our GCI grand-prize winners and finalist.
- Ignacio Rodríguez, Jorge Gómez, Sai Vineet, Emil Dudev, Sam Parkinson
- We agreed to apply to GSoC 2014
- Walter will prepare the application
- We agreed for the need to be more rigorous about mentoring
Sugar Youth Summit
- We agreed to organize regional youth summits, beginning in LATAM.
- We want to both target a code sprint and a more general focus on the power of Sugar and FOSS as a pedagogy.
- Daniel Francis and Walter will discuss plans and report back to the committee.
Background Image Contest
- We agreed to Gonzalo and Manuq's proposal for Background Image Contest
- Details can be found 
- Sean Daly offered to help with PR
- Claudia has been in touch with many Sugar deployments and has a group of pedagogists ready to meet.
- Details to be announced soon.
- Walter and Claudia will be running a panel discussion at Libreplanet on FOSS in elementary education (and the danger of Disneyfication of content).
- Gonzalo is pursuing a grant from UNESCO re accessibility.