School Server/RIT/File Distribution System
An alternative to extending e-book readers - a file distribution system for the server and a client for the XO. The goal of this project is to build an easy system to host files on the server that can be downloaded using the browser activity and possibly a file distribution downloader activity.
This project is broken into two sections, a server and the client.
The code can be found at http://gitorious.org/jlew/xs-file-distro
Server: Under development Client: Pending
Active Project Members
The server will be a php script that will act as a file library for the XO Server (XS). The goal of this script is to build sever that will act as the back end for an application on the XO PCs that will allow a central file library.
- Upload/Download/Browse API as well as web browser access.
- All files will have searchable meta-data
- Files will be organized by tags which can be filtered
- Add/Delete/Edit files
- Configure admin and set basic permissions of users
- Normal Users
- Have public file upload directory
- May manage their own files
- Disk quota for user accounts
- Ability to upload a file with browser
- Tag files from browser
- Organize files by tags
- API for upload/download/manage files
- Add admin accounts
- Manage files as admins
- Add user accounts
- Allow non-admins files