- /backup on Machine/justice: daily filesystem backups for Machine/freedom
- /backup on Machine/freedom: daily filesystem backups for Machine/justice
- /backup on Machine/housetree: daily filesystem backups for Machine/sunjammer
- /backup on sunjammer.sugarlabs.org: daily database dumps (ldap, mysql and pgsql) for Machine/sunjammer
bernie AT sugarlabs DOT org
For non-emergency calls, preferably send email to the administrative contact.
This is the main backup server for all Sugarlabs Machines. The hostname backup.sugarlabs.org is an alias for owl.laptop.org, a machine hosted at OLPC.
We use the script system-full-backup to perform the daily backups with duplicity. Each machine backup is encrypted with a different password. If you need a password, ask User:Bernie.
The MySQL, PostgreSQL and LDAP databases are being backed up daily on backup.sugarlabs.org, encrypted with gpg. TODO: at the moment, we don't have a script to cleanup old backups.
Restoring files from duplicity backups
To restore a backup try something like:
duplicity restore -t 7D --file-to-restore <source/path/to/restore/from> scp://email@example.com/backup/<machine.sugarlabs.org> </destination/path/to/restore/to>
- Replace <> with your values
duplicity restore -t 7D --file-to-restore var/lib/mysql/wordpress scp://firstname.lastname@example.org/backup/sunjammer.sugarlabs.org /home/bernie/restore/wordpress
- There are instructions on how to set up a backup here: Infrastructure_Team/Template_virtual_machine_lucid