SoaS Blueberry Notes
Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry contains a number of new features that improve the overall user and learning experience. Here is an overview of the most notable ones:
Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry ships the latest Sugar release, 0.86.3. It features:
- a redesigned toolbar;
- support for tabbed browsing (Browse);
- epub file support for ebooks (Read);
- and an easy way to update to the latest activities (Control Panel).
A frequent request we received concerned a means of installing Sugar to a hard disk. We teamed up with the zyx-liveinstaller developer in order to provide:
- a seamless way of installing your personalized environment onto your computer's hard disk;
- it even saves any changes that you made to your Sugar on a Stick system;
- and the installation does not even require a reboot.
Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry supports viewing e-books through Read, even in the increasingly popular .epub file format. Historical classicals and interesting literature for young readers are provided through an additional page. Thousands of additional e-books can even be easily accessed through the included Get Internet Archive Books Activity.
Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry also includes updates to the standard collection of activities and many new ones. An example is SocialCalc, a spreadsheet activity that allows users to do complex mathematical calculations. Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry also ships the TamTam activity suite, which takes the learner on a journey through sound and music, beginning with a simple musical toy and progressing up to a sophisticated sound synthesizer. Other activities, such as the very popular Physics and TurtleArt, have been updated.