Sugar Network is a content sharing and social activity, around this content, system for Sugar Learning Environment.
The system is intended to be a share point for various kinds of content within the Sugar community, e.g., friends, a class, parents, teachers, content authors, supporters, or, Sugar Learners in general. Sugar Network participants might be regular Internet users, students connected to a school server, or, even be in regions without any network connectivity except the Sneakernet.
The content itself might be Sugar Activities, artifacts created by Sugar Activities, books, articles, etc. Sugar Network provides a way for content creators how to share their work, and, a way for all other people how to use shared content as easy as possible. Sugar Network's social activity features should make this process smoother by providing functionality like getting feedback, issue reports, usage statistics, etc.
This work was initially started as an international research project within the Sugar Labs Perú in order to attend the needs identified during field work on Perú from 2007 to date.
- Sugar Network declaration of purpose.
- Sugar Network Concept - A guide to basic Sugar Network concepts.
- Sugar Network Tutorial - A series of screen-shots of the most recent Sugar Network implementation.
- Sugar Network technical implementation.
- Proyecto Piloto Hexoquinasa - The actual deployment scenario of the first iteration Sugar Network
Note that current development version is not assumed to be perfect in all cases.
There are two types of Sugar Network access:
- Sugar Network clients.
Regular access for most of users. There are several clients that might have different audience:
- Sugar Network API.
Low level access for various programmable usage. See API home page for more details.
From the Web
Easy way to try Sugar Network clients is Sugar Network Web sites with data synchronized with the Activity Library:
Write access is not yet implemented for Web access. To discover all implemented functionality, use developer server where anonymous users have administrative privileges:
Sugar Network clients can be used from local applications. Local applications have extra features, such as launching software by one click, or, seamless Journal integration. There are several distribution options:
- Install Sugar from the 0.94:SugarNetwork repository in Sweets Distribution and enable Sugar Network integration in the Sugar Shell;
- On XO laptops, use one of the reference images (note that images might be outdated, to make them up-to-date, upgrade system packages right after flashing). Or, try deployment XO images from downstream Hexoquinasa project;
- Or, on existing Sugar installation, install Sugar Network activity.
If you are looking for complex solutions that will be useful for deploymentin an educational environment, take a look at Deployment Platform.
Help those working on the Sugar Network deployment on a regular basis.
- Sugar Network/1.0
- Sugar Network/1.0/Issues
- Sugar Network/1.0/Roadmap
- Sugar Network/1.0/Testing
- Sugar Network/1.0/Todo
- Sugar Network/API
- Sugar Network/Concept
- Sugar Network/Contributor Hub
- Sugar Network/Declaration of purpose
- Sugar Network/Feedback
- Sugar Network/Logo
- Sugar Network/Policy
- Sugar Network/Recipe Specification
- Sugar Network/Resources
- Sugar Network/Testing
- Sugar Network/Tutorial
- Sugar Network/Web UI