Sugar on a Stick/Mango Lassi/Virtual machines
- Download these 2 files and import them:
(14 June 2011)
- firstboot has not yet been run.
- Sugar on a Stick 4 (Mango Lassi)
- sugar: 0.90.1
- Control Panel/Software Update does not work.
- Delay in start (edit to uncheck floppy disk)
- NOT Recomended for use with jabber.sugarlabs.org
- Sugar 0.90.1
- Note Sugar 0.90.x is buggy, use a version of SoaS with the 0.88.1 version.
- How Built:
- 8-GB VirtualBox hard disc
- English and English keyboard
- USA-Los Angeles (Pacific timezone)
- download and import 2 files:
- http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/VirtualBox/Fedora-14-i686-Live-SoaS-2.ovf 12 KBytes
- http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/VirtualBox/Fedora-14-i686-Live-SoaS-2-disk1.vmdk 606 MBytes
(09 January 2011)
- had to modify the .ovf to get the image running on a X60 with ubuntu maverick:
- Note, this appliance has 1024x768 display resolution as VirtualBox extensions were compiled into the kernel.
To Update Sugar
- Sugar update does not work in control panel
- In root sugar-terminal:
yum groupinstall sugar-desktop
- (install 9 packages, Upgrade 10 packages) 02/02/2011 satellit