- What is your name?
- Carlos Mauro Cárdenas Fernández
- What is your email address?
- unimauro dot cit at gmail dot com
- What is your Sugar Labs wiki username?
- What is your IRC nickname?
- What is your primary language?
- Where are you located, and what hours do you tend to work?
- My country is Perú. I'm systems engineer degree and now i'm studing a master program. I have skill from C/C++ and python. My classes is on 8:00 to 12:00 hours. monday to friday. And I want to take saturday and sunday for study.
- Have you participated in an open-source project before? If not, why do you want to work on an open-source project this summer?
- Yeah, I work into some opensource project. Sending bug to Gnome and Ubuntu. And work independly in some personal distribution based into Knoppix, to make some system for my university but use academic.
I had participated,too, as an activist rather than a developer of a particular project. I managed to use several projects for my university activity and labor. For example I started using RedHat Linux for about 8 years then go for Debian and finally Ubuntu and Gentoo. And often he knew and compared it to Windows made some translations as the equivalent program(http://www.linuxrsp.ru/win-lin-soft/index-spanish.html). Then I did some things at the site using phpnuke, postnuke, mambo, drupal and the educational use moodle, sakai claroline and thus I became a promoter of free software and currently belong to the Peruvian Association of Free Software APESOL(www.apesol.org). After the project worked with SugarLabs and OLPC for evaluating the usability of their interfaces here that I did my thesis(http://unimauro.blogspot.com/2009/11/tramites-para-la-titulacion.html) also send papers on graphical interfaces(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/TestUsabilityOLPC).
About your project
- What is the name of your project?
- Peaceful Revolution
- Describe your project in 10-20 sentences. What are you making? Who are you making it for, and why do they need it? What technologies (programming languages, etc.) will you be using?
- Could make children read at an early age?. the Answers is YES, THEY CAN.
- Could make children read at an early age. This is an activity that gives help to the father and son to teach to read to the baby 2 to 4 yeas old. This is automation from Glen Doman theory and there are some many video in youtube  ( Other method   ) , this theory says the baby can learn to read before 2 years old. Only needs practice.This is an activity that gives help to the father and son to teach to read to the baby 2 to 4 yeas old. This is automation from Glen Doman theory, this theory says the baby can learn to read before 2 years old. Only needs practice.The application is similar to photo slide but the photo has a word and sound with the pronunciation of the sound recorded for the parent. This application would provide a greater range of target audiences using the XO-1.0 since it now also includes homeschooling which encourages children's early reading. More details and research on this topic:http://www.gentlerevolution.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
- For work i use a pygtk, gstream,speak, and openclipart. I make a web service for download a image from openclipart and insert this into the medio support.Each presentation made by the child's parents have at most 1 or 2 minutes. The idea is to follow the Glenn Doman Method. By placing the image in the top and name associated with the sound on the bottom.
- What is the timeline for development of your project? The Summer of Code work period is 7 weeks long, May 23 - August 10; tell us what you will be working on each week. (As the summer goes on, you and your mentor will adjust your schedule, but it's good to have a plan at the beginning so you have an idea of where you're headed.) Note that you should probably plan to have something "working and 90% done" by the midterm evaluation (July 6-13); the last steps always take longer than you think, and we will consider cancelling projects which are not mostly working by then.
- Weekly Report 26/04 to 02/05 -> Begin the project and Improve mentor-assisted project.
- Weekly Report 02/05 to 09/05 -> Make the GUI, choose a svg image.
- Weekly Report 10/05 to 16/05 -> Use gstream for record the voice.
- Weekly Report 17/05 to 23/05 -> UI for create secuence for using image and voice.
- Weekly Report 24/05 to 30/05 -> Create a package for support the slide.
- Weekly Report 31/05 to 06/06 -> Create the web service for donwload a svg image.
- Weekly Report 07/06 to 13/06 -> Integration Speak
- Weekly Report 14/06 to 20/06 -> Integration Speak, Gstream, Download Svg and slide 1.
- Weekly Report 21/06 to 27/06 -> Integration Speak, Gstream, Download Svg and slide 2.
- Weekly Report 28/06 to 04/07 -> Create Testing for admin or parent.
- Weekly Report 05/07 to 11/07 -> Creater Testing for some user.
- Weekly Report 12/07 to 18/07 -> July 12 to July 16: Mid term Evaluation
- Weekly Report 19/07 to 25/07 -> Testing the infraestructure and find bugs
- Weekly Report 26/07 to 01/08 -> Solve bugs 1.
- Weekly Report 02/08 to 08/08 -> Solve bugs 2.
- Weekly Report 09/08 to 15/08 -> Create Documentation and Final testing.
- Weekly Report 16/08 to 23/08 -> The Final Report to my mentor and SugarLabs.
- Weekly Report 24/08 to 30/08 -> Submitting the code to Google.
- Convince us, in 5-15 sentences, that you will be able to successfully complete your project in the timeline you have described. This is usually where people describe their past experiences, credentials, prior projects, schoolwork, and that sort of thing, but be creative. Link to prior work or other resources as relevant.
- I'm a systems engineer who graduated from the National Engineering University. My passion is to create things, do things and improve existing ones. In my student life I have characterized as being self-taught and solidarity. My dreams sometimes and I think they get me to create, is in college and competed in several contests. One of them integrating within a CdLive icecast based Konnpix to find music files on a PC and send them as a temporary radio station, also have a project in business as a social network for entrepreneurs and managed to have shared inventories. But that was more like me to devote my thesis, studying the usability of Sugar  by tests in a school where I studied as a child. The tests are realized by a space of 8 months, were somewhat distressing that school has no electricity and had no professional teams to perform them. But nevertheless I believe I have some important results reflected in my thesis. I'm sure moving to new new stage with my further studies and contribute to society through this new activity for children to develop their skills in the younger age and with the help of their parents.
You and the community
- If your project is successfully completed, what will its impact be on the Sugar Labs community? Give 3 answers, each 1-3 paragraphs in length. The first one should be yours. The other two should be answers from members of the Sugar Labs community, at least one of whom should be a Sugar Labs GSoC mentor. Provide email contact information for non-GSoC mentors.
- Sugar is a universal platform for education. I want to make a activity which help to the baby to learn read very young. Glenn Domman methology is powerful for this. This activity will be used in families with access to computers in my country. Is that babies learn. Parents or older siblings will give value to its own Teaching / learning from home.
- Sugar Labs will be working to set up a small (5-30 unit) Sugar pilot near each student project that is accepted to GSoC so that you can immediately see how your work affects children in a deployment. We will make arrangements to either supply or find all the equipment needed. Do you have any ideas on where you would like your deployment to be, who you would like to be involved, and how we can help you and the community in your area begin it?
- Yeah is great. I want to take a pilot project. But in this situation is for a some family project. May be find a children 2 to 4 years olds, i know a some school with garden and elementary school. I work in my thesis last year was about the usability study for Sugar interface for children from 5 to 6 years old. This ideas it's genial.
- What will you do if you get stuck on your project and your mentor isn't around?
- Possible Talk with other SugarLabs activist in my country.
- How do you propose you will be keeping the community informed of your progress and any problems or questions you might have over the course of the project?
- I propose send a weekly report to the community a email to sugar, sugar-labs and other.
- We want to make sure that you can set up a development environment before the summer starts. Please send us a link to a screenshot of your Sugar development environment with the following modification: when you hover over the XO-person icon in the middle of Home view, the drop-down text should have your email in place of "Restart." See the image on the right for an example. It's normal to need assistance with this, so please visit our IRC channel, #sugar on irc.freenode.net, and ask for help.
- What is your t-shirt size?
- Describe a great learning experience you had as a child.
- I had a beautiful experience. I develop my thes making a usability testing about the sugar interface.
- Is there anything else we should have asked you or anything else that we should know that might make us like you or your project more?
- I have a son. He is very happy and for he i make this project too. I want he to learn to read at an early age to be a new man
-  www.gentlerevolution.com/
-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0GxOAdpVns Glenn Domman Computer Program
-  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_method
-  www.suzukimusicacademy.com
Note: you will post this application on the wiki in the category Category:2009 GSoC applications. We encourage you to browse this category and comment on the talk page of other applications. Also, others' comments and your responses on the talk page of your own application are viewed favorably, and, while we don't like repetitive spam, we welcome honest questions and discussion of your project idea on the mailing list(s) (primarily sugar-devel for technical issues and It's An Education Project for educational issues) and/or IRC.
The NeL project has some good general recommendations for writing proposals. We endorse them all; although Sugar is (regrettably) not test driven development (yet - your project could change that!), we encourage GSoC code to include tests.